Sunday, June 9, 2013

Saturday Is A Special Day

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous--this whole week has been awesome and we've been soaking up the sun. I've started running every other day with my friend Ann, which is so helpful to go with somebody else. I don't sleep in if I know someone else is counting on me. Saturday morning we got up and going early. We drove out to Eklutna Lake (about an hour away) for family pictures. I'm dying to see how they all turned out. The kids were great, and the weather/view was perfect. I had been praying so hard for this day so that all that money wouldn't be wasted and it worked out great. Afterwards we came home, fed them lunch, and picked up a babysitter. Kenny and I were able to go to the temple, as our friends the Snyders went through for the first time. It was a sweet experience. We got back and the kids were dying to get outside. So we headed over to Cheney Lake, a few min. from our house. We wanted to go somewhere new though. So we picked up dinner and went out to Mirror Lake. Lots of people were swimming and playing and having a great time. One thing about Alaskans--no one appreciates warm weather like we do :). Kenny brought his fishing pole, but they didn't have any luck. We had one small incident where Madison nearly drowned. But I was not very far away so I was able to jump in and pull her out. She was scared, and cold, but totally fine. I was terrified just replaying in my head the image of her under the water. It could have ended very badly, but it didn't, and for that I'm extremely grateful. We came home earlier than we had planned because they were all wet and cold (I hadn't planned on everyone getting in the lake!) but it was still after bedtime. Once back in the car, I stripped them all (just the girls--Ty didn't get wet) down to their panties and put on some spare jackets we had in the car. It was better than their wet clothes. We were all exhausted from such a fun day.
 
 









A beautiful moment watching my most favorite people in the world in such a gorgeous place. The sun was sparkling on the water and they were laughing and having fun together. One of those moments that I treasure...and then someone has to go and have a near-death experience haha. Oh well, it's all part of the journey, right? :)


All bundled up after falling in the water. She kept re-telling the story..."I fell in the water and mommy pulled me up and you saved me!"

No comments: