Sunday, January 4, 2009

Overwhelmed

Lately I have just been feeling so overwhelmed by how wonderful life is, and how much I have to be grateful for. Sometimes I think that something really wrong is going to happen soon because there's no way life can be this wonderful and easy for this long. It's like that "this is too good to be true" feeling, but it is true.

This move has been SO easy because we've had movers, and we haven't had to stress about housing or anything too much. We finished school, went to stay with Kenny's parents for a while, and now we're bummin around at my parents, where we could stay for as long as we needed. We are just totally easing into this "real-world" life that it's almost unfair to everyone else! We're moving into our apartment this week and I am so stoked. Who knows when our stuff will get here--hopefully Wednesday. But our apartment is only like a 10 minute drive from my parents house which will be so fun and so nice to have help when this baby comes in 5 weeks (yet we still managed to be in a different stake...weird). To continue the list, we are in the process of buying a Ford Explorer from Kenny's parents (at about half the price it should be) and so we're a 2-car family now which is a huge blessing to not be stranded at home while Kenny has the car at work! And it's a big car that will last us forever. We also keep finding awesome deals on things like couches and paintings, and we have a beautiful new dining table with chairs (my dream since we got married) from my parents as a graduation/Christmas gift. I feel so spoiled and so grateful. Plus we went to our new ward today and everyone is SOO nice. I have never been approached by so many people-friendly people-in all the wards I've been in. We are so excited to get to know everyone better. I am healthy, fat, but healthy nonetheless and we are so anxious for this little girl to come! Kenny starts work tomorrow which he's really excited about, and Tyler is healthy and happy too!

Another weird little thing is the fact that I'm delivering this baby here. It might be trickier to work out insurance and doctors and stuff as we're switching at the end, but I totally get depressed in those Rexburg, Idaho winters! I had cabin fever so bad, and especially after I had Tyler I really needed and wanted to get out of the house more but it was too fetching cold! I think I got slightly seasonally depressed and I needed the sunshine! So I know that's a weird thing too, but since I'm having another February baby, I'm so grateful I'm in a place where I can get out and go walking every day without it being such a big stressor and worry how cold my baby is! I'll get back into the swing of things a lot quicker I think.

Anyway, I really just don't know what to do with all of these blessings. Where much is given much is required I guess. I better step it up. I know this is kind of a weird and rambling post, I just feel so grateful and so humbled. I hope that I can give back just as much and help out people around me to every extent possible. I just feel the Lord's hand in my life so strongly, and in so many ways that it has really helped my testimony to grow. I am overwhelmed with love for my Savior, and I know that he is mindful of me and my family.

1 comment:

Carlee Ann said...

But what a great thing to be overwhelmed about! :) I'm so glad you and your family are doing so well!