Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ring out the old, ring in the new

HAPPY NEW YEARS! Hooray for the beginning of 2009!!

Without writing down all of my goals and resolutions for this new year, let me just say that my 2 areas of focus are as follows.
1. Charity: no more judging, criticizing, comparing, or selfishness. Just love. More whole-hearted and Christ-like love for the Lord, for my husband and children, and everyone else too! My new favorite scripture, and theme for the year, is Moroni 7:45-48.
2. Creativity: not just in crafty projects that help me to feel happy, but creativity in mothering. I want to keep my days with my children full and lively. I don't want to get stuck in a rut and hate being at home all day with them. I have no more excuses of not enough time, etc. so I will focus on being more creative in our daily activities and the ways I teach them.

I just love the fact that we get so many opportunities to "start over". I think we have a lot of beginnings and ends so that we can continually re-asses our lives and see where we can improve and what we need to work on. Progression is what this life is all about. You can bet this year will be better for me and my growing little family.

Last night was one of those nights that we pretty much just stayed up to toast in the new year for the sake of tradition, not because we had some wild party going on. :) I'm still glad we did it though. Kenny and I finished reading the Book of Mormon again yesterday, which was a great way to seal off 2008.

No comments: