Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What we've been up to

This is Tyler's newest obsession--rolling down the window! He loves to hold his hand out there and feel the wind, but it looks like he's halting traffic. He also enjoys saying "hi" to each person we pull up next to, in parking lots, etc. (which is sometimes kind of embarrassing).






Dressing up, making faces, and decorating the house (and himself) with stickers.
Along with that we recently got a membership at the Library and I LOVE this library. It is so nice and they've got lots of play areas in the kid's section. We went to the "Toddler time" they had the other day where they read books, sing songs, did a puppet show and a craft. It was so great. It's fun to have community things like that to shake up your day to day activities and get out of the house.
Our ward also does play group every week so we've joined that and it's been wonderful getting to know other moms in the ward, and helping Tyler get used to the new kids too. Hopefully if he makes some friends he won't be so traumatized by nursery every week. We are having some major issues with that at the moment.

Saturday night I had a girl's night with some people in my ward. It was SO fun. We went and saw the movie "Mall Cop" then went to one of the girl's house for Blue Bell ice cream and ended up talking for hours!! I can't even explain how happy I am to be living here right now. Everything feels so right and I just know this is where we're supposed to be for now (who knows how long, though). I am so influenced by the people that I meet, and it's like everyone is teaching me different things and helping me to be a better person. There are so many wonderful women in our ward and they all just unite so much more and welcome everybody so willingly. That's the great thing about being outside of an area where everyone is LDS, the ward is so much more tightly knit and we depend on each other that much more for friendship and company.

A note on Tyler: He has more attitude and more energy than he has had thus far in his life combined! Every day I pray for patience and knowledge of how to handle him. The energy is one thing, that's expected. The tantrums, extreme independence, and yelling, and very picky eating, I struggle with daily. If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.

No comments: