Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weekend of Luxury

We had a problem with our stuff. The problem was, it kept getting put on hold, and so it never came. Thank goodness we were able to live with my parents because our lease on our apartment began January 4th, and the movers came with all of our stuff on Sunday, Jan. 11th. Lame. But it actually turned out ok because we called and sort of complained about it not being here after like 3 weeks of them having it and so they said they would pay for any hotel stays and half of our food costs. So we decided to live it up for the only 2 nights we could.

Friday night: after Kenny got off work we dropped the car off at a car place (the power steering went out) and went shopping. Had dinner with my fam, then went to a hotel and went swimming in the hot tub that was outside, and was no warmer than a bath tub. Tyler loved it. Here he's jumpin on the beds.
We don't have a swimming suit for him yet (he's obviously grown out of his other ones) so he just swam in his little swimmers diaper. Here he is cheering because he's so excited about going in the pool. (Originally we were going to swim in the "heated" indoor swimming pool. Turns out it wasn't heated very well.)
I realize no one should have to see a woman 8 months pregnant in a swimming suit, but I did it anyway. I went and bought a big fat maternity swimming suit.

Then we walked next door to McDonalds to indulge ourselves in Mcflurry's, french fries, and their 2 for $1.00 apple pies! I know, we're fatties.


Saturday night: Went out to eat at Cici's pizza! I hadn't been there in years! It reminded me of every soccer league I ever played on here in Houston when I was a youngin. At the end of every season we would have a team party at Cici's. Gotta love that place.
That night we stayed at a nicer hotel, but didn't go swimming. Side note: their breakfast was delicious, and their waffle iron was in the shape of the state of Texas!! I loved it.

Sunday morning the movers called and said, "we'll be there at 10". So since one of us had to be there the whole time, I went to church with Ty and Kenny stayed home. FINALLY we have our stuff.

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

so nice to have some luxury and splurge a little! a mcflurry sounds good...