Thursday, January 15, 2009

to my unborn daughter:

Dear child without a name,

On Tuesday I went to my 36 week appointment to check on you. I met my new doctor for the first time and immediately fell in love with her. It turns out she is even a member of our church! That was very unexpected but it comforted me so much.

Dr. Peterson said your heart beat is right in the range it should be, but it sounded quiet and you were measuring small...again. Although she said it was probably nothing to worry about, and that I might just be carrying you more in my back (which would also contribute to the quieter heart beat), she had me schedule an ultrasound appointment for tomorrow just to double check on you. I sure hope you're healthy. I don't mind having a petite daughter, your brother is heavy enough.

Your head is very low, and my body is preparing quickly to have you. She said you would probably come a little early, and that made me happy. Because although I really can't complain about this pregnancy (allow me to for a moment), I am getting tired of being fat, disproportional, and uncomfortable. My stretch marks are really not cute, and I'm anxious to meet you. I will bear these marks of motherhood for now, but please don't wait too much longer to come. Your brother has a runny nose, but we will make sure he's healthy for your arrival.

See you soon,
Mom

p.s. You have some darling clothes that I can't wait to put on you and dress you up in! Shopping for pink is new to me, but I got the hang of it REAL quick.

4 comments:

Cary Cottrell said...

oh my. how adorable is this post. keep this for her when she is older and married and is pregnant with her baby...she just may cry.

Tina Braegger said...

aww that is too cute! I am glad you like your doctor and that she is a member..pretty cool.I can not wait to see pictures of her. I must admit I am pretty jealous that you are measuring small and will still probably have her early! Good luck with labor you will have to let me know if it is still that bad the second time around. ;)

BTO said...

oh how exciting!!!

Shelley said...

It is fun shopping for pink! She is going to be a pretty little girl. You are so close and I couldn't be more excited for you guys!