Sunday, September 13, 2009

"All these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good..."


I realize that this scripture was used in the context of enduring trials, but I'm using it for food. Some of my sisters and I have started a blog in our efforts to become better cooks. Somewhat of a "school". If you'd like a better introduction to this, you can read this. Steph (my sister) has a much better way of writing things than I do. Or if you'd like to just check it out yourself, then visit our blog. Oh, and you might want to find the very first post so it all makes more sense. Feel free to join or participate any weeks you'd like. It's fun and it's all in the name of experience. to learn things that will be for our good, and for the good of our families as we hope to be better cooks for them.
Like my peach cobbler pictured up top? "It looks awful rich." "It is, so I serve it over ice cream to cut the sweetness." Can anyone name that movie?

2 comments:

Cam said...

Steel Magnolias! "What's that recipe you keep telling me about... a cup a cup a cup?" haha I love it! Looks delish Linds!!

Laura said...

Duh Steel Magnolias! "looks like two pigs fightin under a blanket" "calories calories!" and I think I'll stop the quote fest there :) looks yum Linds save a piece for me! At least the ice cream haha