Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Kenny!

On Tuesday, the 8th, Kenny turned 26 years old!! I keep telling him he's SOO old! haha. We had a nice relaxing morning. He slept in (until 6:30 or so, which is much later than his usual 4:30 or 4:45 waking up) and I made a yummy breakfast of streusel cupcake/muffin things and bacon. Then he played with the kids for a while, got ready and went into work around 10:30.

I had the best idea for his birthday cake and I was really excited about it. I wanted to make a dumbbell, since he's addicted to working out since he got his gym pass. But I prove retarded once again and couldn't get the fondant right and didn't really have time to spend on it because of a crying baby and a toddler that asked me approximately 549 times to play with him that day. So I bagged the whole idea and put the two cakes together and frosted it all. Then I made some rice krispies really quick and formed them into a giant "26" and stuck it on. It was totally lame, but I decided to not be too angry about it because that'd be dumb, even though it was upsetting to work so hard on it for so long and then have to change it completely. Oh well.


Once Kenny came home from work, we all went out and got a boat-load of Chinese food, came home and feasted like kings. Then he opened his presents with Tyler's help (which was hard to convince Tyler of ALL DAY that they were not his, and now he tells me his birthday is coming soon). He got the game "bocce" which we've wanted for a long time, some socks, sweat pants, and weight-lifting gloves. Although he told me that only the weirdos wear the gloves haha so we'll take them back and get a watch instead :). We enjoyed some cake and ice cream and watched a movie, half with the kids, half without.

I wanted to throw him a party but he was very insistent (sp?) that I don't, so we just hung out together as a family and had a great time. Here's a few quirks about Kenny you may or may not know about...

He hates to have the sheet tucked in to sleep. He says it pulls down on his feet and it's too restricting. So whenever I make the bed I tuck in my side, and half the bed at the foot and that's how it is.
He also will take off one shoe, or sock, and leave the other on. It would drive me nuts to do that because I have issues with "equilibrium" but he's comfortable like that.
He brushes his teeth for a long time.
He flexes in the mirror and I think it's cute. I laugh at him all the time about it.
He is constantly whistling/humming/singing a song. He never knows the correct words to songs though, (which drives me crazy) so he'll just make up words, or whole songs.
This one's not a quirk, or a secret, but he's the best husband and dad ever and we think he's the best!!!

Happy Birthday Kenny!! We love you so much!!

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

happy birthday, kenny! sounds like you guys had a great day!

Porter Family said...

Happy Birthday Kenneth!!! Next year we will throw him a surprise party and show him what birthdays are really all about. :) Nice job, and I want to see the cake!!

Terra said...

Happy B-day Kenny! Bocce Ball is AWESOME!!!!!