Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lost

What is the worst thing you could ever lose? (Talking about material posessions of course.) Something that is expensive, sentimental, small, and frankly irreplacable?

What is, wedding ring!!

I LOST MY WEDDING RING! It's been 9 days and I still haven't found it. It makes me so sick inside. I pray to find it all the time and I look everywhere but I just can't find it. I mean you imagine all the places that it could possibly be in a house. It's such a small thing!! I have not yet emptied out the vacuum but I am going to do that today, just in case. I feel so naked and awkward without it. I think the last time I had it was when I took it off to make fondant for Kenny's birthday cake. But really, I don't know. I might have put it back on and lost it after that. That's what makes this even worse is it's something I'm so used to having on that you don't really think about it. AGH.

I remember one time when I was younger and my mom lost her wedding ring. She told us all that whoever found it would get some money as a reward. Jeff ended up finding it, if I remember correctly, and did get some prize money. Too bad my kids are too young to care about money, or to help me look for it.

5 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Oh my goodness, that really is the worst thing. I bet it shows up. I found our car keys once inbetween music in a closed box when we were reorganizing our closet... I will be thinking of you though, so let me know if you find it!

Caitlin said...

oh no! i hope you find it! i always feels weird without it on!

Elise said...

I am so sorry! I am paranoid to wear mine "around the house" because I need to take it off and such. So I usually just wear it on Sundays and for going out.

Kellie said...

When Cassie was 2 she flushed my mom's ring down the toilet. To this day, if the story's brought up, my mom will cry and Cassie will laugh. Ha.

I hope you find yours! I'm sure it'll show up again.

Miss ya!

Shelley said...

Oh man! You will find it, I know it! Sometimes I accidentally take mine off in my sleep and I find it under my pillow or in my sheets. It's so scary. Perhaps behind the bed?