Wednesday, September 23, 2009

this is what's going on

A lot of yuckies is what's going on at our house. Tyler and Brynlee both have yucky colds and so there's a lot of nose-blowing and sucking, coughing, sneezing, etc. Also lots of drinking and diaper changing (because of the excess fluids), eating cough drops (which Ty thinks are better than candy) and lounging around. I vote that there should be more sleeping!
I made Ty a nice bowl of hot oatmeal with extra honey (which he ate) for breakfast. Then for lunch I made him some hot chicken noodle soup (which he didn't eat). So far I haven't caught anything, knock on wood.

My hand is healing up very well. I am not wearing any bandages today, but I do need to release some fluid out from a couple of the blisters. They look like they'll pop if I don't. I don't know if that's good or bad to do myself, but I'd rather be the one to do it slowly then have it rip open spontaneously. Ouch. Really it's not nearly as bad as it should have or could have been. I had it in ice cold water for a good 20 minutes immediately after it happened, and I KNOW that made a difference. Either that, or I was miraculously healed because my thumb and pointer finger, and palm, should have been a lot worse. Really I'm doing great though.

I still haven't found my wedding ring. I'm losing hope. I had a dream that I found it in the dishwasher and that I was just crying a lot cuz I was so happy and praying "thank you thank you thank you" but then I woke up and it was still gone...and it wasn't in the dishwasher. It makes me so sad because even though I can get another ring, it will never be my wedding ring.

We are looking at apt./houses in edwardsville right now. It's not the we don't love this house-we do-but we are hoping to find something that's closer to everyone and everything. If we don't find anything, we'll stay. I guess we'll see.

It seems to be that whenever I write on here something my kids can't do, they start to do it like the next day. It's kind of funny. So now I'm going to write that Tyler is not even close to wanting to be potty-trained...now let's see if it can work some magic.
Brynlee crawls, and pulls herself up to things on her knees, and occassionally on her feet but falls over shortly after. She shakes her head "no" all the time and it is the cutest thing.

What is it about pizza that is so gosh darn good? I swear I could eat that 3-4 times a week and not tire of it. You can just have different toppings all the time and love eating every time. Tyler totally agrees with me, except he wouldn't switch toppings around. It'd be just cheese all the way. He is one of the pickiest eaters alive but he can down like 3 whole pieces of pizza. I sometimes wish that I had a brick oven to cook it in like they do in restaurants...OK that was random. But really, I love pizza.

Anyway. That is what's going on at our house.

2 comments:

Porter Family said...

Hello, come live near us!!!!!!!! You know you want to. :) Sorry the kids are sick, but I'm glad you didn't get anything yet. Have a fun day in the rain!

Charity said...

Lindsay,

Jordan served his mission in Missouri/Illinois and spent 3 months in Edwardsville. He says that they have a great ward and some of his favorite member families lived there (and still do). He says that is a great choice!!