Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Painting in our panties

Yesterday afternoon it got really warm. I had all the windows open and the fans on, but it was still reading 81 degrees inside. So we went outside, and I stripped the kids down to their knickers. (Isn't it so nice to be a little kid and get away with running around naked?) Brynlee in her diaper, and Tyler in his Wall-E underwear. We ate popsicles, and painted, and focused on the letter P. Tyler is really good at identifying all his letters, but not at writing them. He can only legibly write letters T, and O. So today we tried painting it, which requires a little less fine motor skills. Brynlee sure enjoys getting messy, although really I sometimes think that she doesn't even realize the difference. It's not that she loves it, or hates it, she just seems oblivious to the whether she's clean or dirty. She can be covered in yogurt, or paint, or whatever, and go on her merry little way as if nothing is different. I love it.




(lest you think he does them all perfectly, I painted those P's, and he was tracing over them with the brush :) )



4 comments:

Cam said...

oh my gosh! How cute is this? I would've gotten in my panties too. Looks so fun. :)

Elise said...

Ok, first of all, you are seriously the coolest mom ever. I wish I could be half that cool.

Second, that picture of B's paint-splashed diaper and legs could go in a magazine!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

How fun!

Tina Braegger said...

cute, cute and more cute! Love it! What a great idea!!