Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Morning

This morning I decided that there is no girl in the world that looks cuter in pink than my Brynlee. Something about her fair skin and blue eyes when she wears pink...I just can't take my eyes off of her :).

This a.m. I ruined my good streak of no throwing up. Not that I don't feel nauseous (or nauseated?) all day every day, but I hadn't thrown up in over a week. But this morning I had a drink, and it went down the wrong tube. I started coughing, which automatically leads to barfing, and there went my breakfast. Darn it.

We went grocery shopping this morning. When we came home, Tyler had to go to the bathroom. So I un-snapped his pants and he ran in the house to do his business. He came out with his pants still undone (that's still my job, I don't know how old he will be when he figures it out) but I couldn't help him because both of my arms were loaded with grocery sacks. I took the groceries inside, and Brynlee took off down the driveway headed straight for the road. It's her favorite thing to do, mostly because she knows she's not supposed to. Tyler takes off after her to stop her--such a helpful boy--with his pants still open, and starting to fall down. I come back out and see this whole scene playing out and can't help but laugh at my dangerous daughter and half-naked son.

Yesterday while telling Kenny about how I just have so little energy all day, and I'm so tired no matter how much sleep I get, he suggested getting a snickers bar. That's what helps him at work, apparently. :) So while at the store this morning, I picked up a couple packs of those snack-size snickers bars for $1. I've had 3. Not because I think snickers will cure pregnancy, but I thought that sounded so good once he said it, I couldn't get them out of my head. Nice excuse to eat chocolate, huh? I'm debating whether I should tell him I bought them, or not. Guess it's too late now.

5 comments:

Porter Family said...

I love picturing Tyler running after Brinlee with his pants around his ankles. Classic!!!! Sorry you're still barfing, cuz that sucks. Stop choking on things! Eat more snickers. Or whatever else you're craving now. :) Wish you were running the half, too, you know!

Dani said...

Just saw your previous post that you're prego--- congrats!! Hope you start feeling better soon. Maybe if you eat enough snickers they will cure morning sickness. :)

Caitlin said...

oh lindsay! your blog makes me laugh. i love it!

Elise said...

Pregnant women need no excuse to eat chocolate!

I should've given you my unisom and ginger tea when you were here. They didn't work for me at all, but I think they help most women.

Brooke and Ryan Naylor said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! #3, wahoo!