Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Suffering



Here's something that's terribly ironic; Brynlee and I both have bad allergies right now, Kenny and Tyler do not. Why is that terribly ironic? Because I can't take any allergy medicine that helps because I'm pregnant, Brynlee can't take anything because she's too young (although I'm not sure if her allergies or teething are the real problem). Kenny and Tyler would both be able to take stuff, but neither of them have any problems. I think that's a cruel joke, but this is my 3rd spring being pregnant, so it's not like I didn't expect it.

If you show up at my house unexpectedly, I will not be wearing make up. But that's the least of our problems here. Allergies prevent me from opening up every window in my house, like I love to do. (Which also means I have to turn on the AC and I hate paying money for that when it would be so nice with the windows open...) This makes it so that it doesn't air out my house, which means the kitchen really stinks. Not to anyone else, but to my pregnant nose, I can't handle it. I can't do anything until I fill up one of the sinks with Lemon scented Pine sol and let it sit there all day. It prevents me from puking, and occassionally inspires cleaning to happen. :) I know that it will pass and in a few weeks we'll all be doing much better, but for now I'm trying to not get too frustrated about it.

4 comments:

Elise said...

I should've given you my leftover Zofran to help with the nausea...

Hope you feel better soon!

Jefferson and Kimberlyn said...

Congrats! I didn't know you were pregnant, maybe I am just slow and this is late but anyway that is so awesome!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

What the pregnant?! Congratulations!! I hear you on the not being able to take medicine. It is cruel. I know its worth it. But so cruel.

Cam said...

Girls are indeed the superior race. We are the only ones who can handle being afflicted with such a burden! :) Hope you and Bryn feel better soon. I miss that Chunky Monkey.