Thursday, May 6, 2010

I recommend...

I have read some books lately that I really enjoyed and wanted to share. The first 3 are all by the same author, Malcolm Gladwell. The Tipping Point, Outliers, and Blink are all really good and make you think about things in a different way. None of them are very long, and it's quick reading. Go check them out at your library, you'll love them.





This next one is called These is my Words, by Nancy E. Turner. This book is written in diary form in the late 1800's and early 1900's, about a wonderful and strong pioneer woman. Not pioneer as in Mormon, though. It's full of adventure, action, love, and romance and I totally cried more than once. I hadn't heard of it before, but it's the current book for our Relief Society book club and I'm so glad I read it.


Also some good movies I've seen lately are The Blind Side, and Sherlock Holmes. I know they've been out a while and we're way behind on our movie watching. But if you haven't seen them yet, they're good.

Lastly, I recommend being married. Mostly to Kenny, but since I've already got him, you'll have to figure that one out on your own :).






2 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

That picture of you two practically defines true happiness I think :)

Charity said...

OH you two are so cute. Linds you are so awesome, just sewing that cape for ty! I'm the lame one - not you :) I read These is my words and I really enjoyed it too! I haven't read the other ones yet though, although I've heard they are good. I hope you start feeling better. You really are amazing- a great example to me!