Sunday, May 23, 2010

Let's try this again

So I have tried several times this week to upload photos, and blogger kept rejecting me. I didn't have any patience or time to mess around with it, so I'm a little behind again. But I figured it was high time I give our little additions a proper introduction. They were there waiting for us when we got home and have been the highlight of Tyler's life (and maybe Kenny's) ever since.

Here is the motley crew:

2 geese: one a female, so Kenny had to name her Mother Goose. So Tyler decided that the male should be Father Goose.
2 ducks: The yellow one is Donald, because it will turn white as it grows up. The black one Tyler named, Blackie, even though we tried to tell him he wasn't going to stay black.
One more chicken: This one was a surprise when we got home from Texas and Kenny had picked up one more chicken at the store when he was picking up our ducks and geese. We named him Larry (the Loner) because he doesn't really have anyone. The other chickens, Squeak and Sunny, are much bigger now and pick on him. So he hangs out with the ducks and geese, except for when they go swimming. Then he's just Larry the loner. He's pretty cute though, and will apparently lay different colored eggs, not white or brown. I'm excited to see that.

Brynlee and Mother Goose seeing eye to eye.

This is to show the cool little house that Kenny built for the birds. I get tired of trying to catch them for Tyler and put them in and out, so I just put Tyler in there to catch them himself and he loves it. :)

Don't worry, Kenny mowed the lawn shortly after this picture was taken.

It was so hot yesterday and today that we had to pull out this little pool and let them swim around. They were in heaven and it's so cute to watch them dive in and swim around. They're so cute when they're little!

This is the cutest thing to watch. They all follow Tyler around everywhere. He thinks it's pretty cool too!
I am not sure what we are going to do with all these crazy animals in a few weeks when they get real big. But for now, they are cute and little and we're sure having fun with them. I think Kenny wishes I cared about them more, or were more involved with them. But I just don't like getting pooped on, and I just don't have the love for animals that he does, haha.
Now a little catch up.
Friday night we got a babysitter and went to the Pearsons for a fun dinner and game of hand and foot with several other couples from the ward again. It was the first time we haven't had to leave early, and it was so fun! I love babysitters.
Saturday we did some serious yard work. I got up on the roof and cleaned out all the rain gutters because they were all clogged. I couldn't lift Kenny up on the roof, and we didn't have a ladder, so the only option left was for him to hoist me up there. Next time I will make sure we do it in the morning when it's not so blazing hot. That roof was burning my bum.
We also took the kids swimming. Let me re-phrase that, Kenny was kind enough to take the kids swimming while I ran. I only did 3 miles, but it was the first time I've worked out in over a month (I was feeling great yesterday! hallelujah!) I can't believe how sore I am today. I got so out of shape so quickly! Kenny went to buy a blower and a weed eater in the morning, and also brought me home a baguette and cinnamon roll from the little boulangerie, "because he was thinking of me". That made me smile :), and he knows that the taste of baguettes bring back so many memories of my childhood in France so that was so nice of him. So yeah, yesterday was a good day. We were all so tired at the end of the day, but it was productive.
Church was great, although I am counting down the weeks till nursery for Bryn. I am going to beg and plead on my knees, to see if they'll take her in at 17 months. Today we had our friends, the Reeds, over for dinner and so their kids could see the birds. It was so much fun, and I'm so grateful for Terra's friendship.
Brynlee still doesn't talk very much, but she's picking up signing really quickly and can do between 15 and 20 signs. She does several animal sounds and can point to a few more body parts. She is so stinkin cute; sometimes, I just don't know what to do with her.
I don't think I ever mentioned this earlier, but Tyler overcame his fears of the "big potty" and has not used his little potty in weeks! It was just in time for our long road trip, with stops at the gas station, he just had no choice.
I had my first ultrasound for this baby back on May 6th, and everything's looking great so far. According to the measurements of the baby, my due date is December 7th, which is 4 days off of what I thought, but that's no big deal. I feel so blessed to be carrying another healthy baby!
That's enough for now. Good night.

4 comments:

Carly said...

oh my gosh hahahaha the weston farm is well underway!! :)
how fun

Tina Braegger said...

First off you honestly are a SAINT! That long in a car with 2 kids all by yourself..wow! I am glad you got to see your fam it is always nice to have some help. Yay to you for oing that far, I dont think I could do it (and I complain about 3 hrs of church..haha!)
And 2nd..you ran 3 miles!?? Preggo and all! Holy moly..I am lucky if I can run for 10 minutes wihout dying and I am not preggo! Way to go, I am so impressed! You are so motivated.
And lastly I love the pics. Your new little animals are so cute. I love how they follow Ty. Brynn is getting big. I totally feel you on the nursery thing. I am going to beg on my knees too pretty soon. :)
Neways..Tyrell only works Sat, Sun, Mon (12 hr shifts) which is awesome bec then I can substitute the rest of the week. It sucks for Sundays bec he never gets on off but we dont have a choice for now bec they are not good about working with his schedule. This summer will be rough bec he is cutting his hours for a class he is taking and I have no job yet, so we will see. Other than that we are doing good. It can only get better from here right?? haha
Ok now that I wrote you a book I will go now. :)

Elise said...

Those little animals look so fun!

I wish I had a yard to mow :).

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Those little animals look like fun since they're so cute and even cuter with your kids.