Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Super Ty

Tyler was always putting his blanket around his shoulders and pretending to be a super hero, or a king. I would just pin it with a safety pin, but it was too long and he tripped on it and it was wearing out. So I finally wised up last week and made him a reversible cape of his very own! I looked up a free tutorial online (I love people that do tutorials!) and got the stuff, and made it. They're really simple. I customized it for him, because he's always calling himself SUPER TY! (Coined from the show, Super Why.) So I just typed it up on the computer, printed it off, and cut it out in felt. The other side is Batman. He doesn't really know who batman is (he asked me if he's a good guy or a bad guy, and if he could fly) but he got some batman underwear the other day that he's really proud of. So now he can match with his undies. He loves to wear this around and fight bad guys, dragons, or good guys if he wants to be the bad guy. Whenever I'm looking for something he says "I'm Super Ty! I will find it for you!" He's my great little helper. (Below he's checking himself out in the mirror)





On a totally unrelated note. I looked over at the laundry room door today and had to laugh. This is where we hang the calendar, and it's laminated, with velcro on each of the numbers and the kids love to play with it. But as I looked at it, I realized it is a good reflection of our days around here. I haven't changed it to May because we're always behind. All our days are mixed up, backwards, upside down, and some missing altogether. I am so absent-minded these days, but as my mom reassured me today, it will pass.

2 comments:

Andersen said...

I love your calendar... it is reassuring to know that I am not the only one who feels like your days are crazy. Not you days but mine at my house.

Tina Braegger said...

haha Ty and I got a good laugh at this..he is so proud of himself, so cute!!