Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What a day

Today was interesting.

Tyler pooped his pants which he's never done before and it ticked me off.

Brynlee got into the vaseline and that's hard stuff to clean off. She also fell off the fireplace and got a nice big bonk on her head, which is good timing because the other bruises on her head are starting to fade so I'm glad she replaced it with a fresh hit. I swear that girl will never learn.
She also stuck her hands in the toilet after Tyler peed in it, I think he had just flushed it, but still.

I'm still feeling like crap 80% of the day. I haven't showered in 2 days. I make food and can't eat it. I lay down exhausted at night and can't sleep because I have such bad headaches and am constantly on the verge of throwing up. (But I only really throw up in the morning, as long as I eat often so that's good.) Nothing ever sounds good except fatty food that's bad for me. I have to eat all the time so I don't throw up, and I swear it's catching up to me. I feel like I'm already starting to poke out, or just look fat. It's not really the baby yet, everything's just sagging out like my body knows what's coming. I win the "lamest, loser mom of the last 2 months" award, and I feel so bad for my kids.

BUT. We had a tender mercy today...a major one. I took the kids to the park this morning so I would stop puking and stop sitting around feeling sorry for myself. We left and I told them we'd stop and get icecream on the way home. Well the sign said they were open and they weren't really. The guy opening came out and apologized before I got the kids unloaded out of the car and said they didn't open for another 40 minutes. So we went back to the park, because we live too far away to drive back home, and then come back, and Tyler really wanted some ice cream (okay so I did too). They loved playing at the park some more. When 40 more min. passed we went back to the ice cream place.
"I'm so glad you made it back, I'm so sorry about earlier this morning", said the nice man we saw earlier.
I said, "well when you promise your kids ice cream, you have to come back." I placed our order, he told me the cost, and I handed him my debit card.
"Oh, sorry, but this is a cash only." !!!
"Oh, it is? I said, feeling more stupid than ever."
"Boy that's two strikes against us. Do you live around here?"
Yeah, just up the road in Holiday Shores.
Okay well I'll just push your order through, and you can pay us next time you stop by.
Are you sure? (now I'm trying not to cry I'm so grateful)
Oh yeah, you've already come twice this morning, I know you'll be back, but no need to rush back today or anything.
Oh I promise you'll get your money, sir.

Later when he brought us out our twist ice cream cones and french fries I told him how much I appreciated it, and that it had been a rough morning. I am sure I was quite the pathetic sight. I had no make up on, spots all over my eyes and face from the throwing up that morning, and I had been crying on the phone talking to Kenny earlier. That man made my day, and I will leave a large tip for him when we go back to pay our cash.

What a day.

4 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, Linds. You are definitely not a lame mom!

(Try letting your child watch T.V. all day every day for about a five months straight. That's what I do when I've got morning sickness.)

You always impress me with all that you do for your kids! Seriously! Always going to the park, doing cool things outside with paint or chalk or bubbles, having educational games and learning about letters, etc. I am always learning new ideas from you about how to be a better mom!

I hope your nausea goes away soon! Love ya!

Porter Family said...

Ummm, I thought we cleared this whole thing up last weekend at dinner! Would you just call me already and come over to my house??? :)

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

Poor Lindsay! You are a wonderful mother to those cute kids and they appreciate all that you do.

I know it completely sucks that you feel sick all the time but in nutrition we are currently studying everything about pregnancy from conception to nutrition to birth and my teacher told us that it is a blessing if you are sick because it means that you are still pregnant and your baby is doing well. Stinks to hear and harder to live, but this too shall pass with time and you will have a beautiful baby at the end of all of it!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Love your honesty. I have days, weeks where I feel like that and I'm not even pregnant.
Glad that man was nice - I love people like that.