Saturday, May 29, 2010

Upgrade and Camping

The other day Kenny upgraded our birds' home, and moved it to the backyard (it was in the garage). He took their home, flipped it over and added some more wood and voila. A nice little shaded and covered area to keep them and their food, happy and dry. Then he got some more chicken wiring and built that little wood thing in the corner, and attached the wire to other wood pieces with hooks so it wouldn't ruin the shed. I know, I'm so good at explaining construction projects, haha. I don't know what he did or how he did it so fast. The birds love their new little home, and it keeps our garage from smelling so bad and having water, poop, and wood chips all over it.

Yesterday was a good, productive day. Last night Kenny and Tyler went camping in the backyard! They've been trying to do it for many weekends now, but we are either gone, or it always rains on Friday night it seems. But this weekend turned out to be perfect for them, as Tyler has been extra needy for his daddy this week. He gets so upset that he has to go to work every day! We set up our huge tent that we haven't pulled out in like 2 years, and they thought itw as the coolest thing ever. Kenny turned one of the iron pot things (that used to have potting soil in it, where we grew some tomatoes last year) into a fire pit and even had a little fire. I am not sure how often it will happen. Let's be honest, camping is fun, but it is a lot of work, and nobody gets a good night's sleep. So I think it's good that we just stick to our backyard for now. I didn't even dare try to go out there with Brynlee. She would be a horrible camper (although she really loves the tent), and my allergies are so bad inside the house, I would surely die if I tried sleeping outside!



I happily stayed inside and watched Dear John with some popcorn.

1 comment:

Charity said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better Linds! Yeah:) Fun little gym class that you had for Tyler. I love your description of the building project- you are too funny.