Thursday, May 27, 2010

Show Week

Today was Tyler's last day of Little Gym for this semester. His age group are called "Funny Bugs". At the end of each semester they do what's called show week, where you bring whoever you want and all your cameras, and your kids show off and do little routines on the floor, the bars, and the balance beam. Kenny even got off work for a couple hours to come and watch him, which made it even more special for Tyler. He has absolutely loved going to these little classes, so it's very enjoyable for me because I've never once had to push him to do it. He gets so excited about it every week, and has improved a lot. We didn't join until halfway through the semester, but he was still performing with the best of em, seriously. Their teacher, Miss Allison, got a new job and wasn't here this week. So it was an adjustment for all of the kids to work with someone they'd never met before for their show week, but they did great and had fun. They gave them all little medals at the end, and Tyler has not taken it off once. He is so proud of that thing!


He moved very slowly and cautiously. He even told me this morning as we were driving there, "Mom, I don't like the high bar." haha I know it scares him, but he did it!




He loves all the running around and tumbling stuff on the floor and the mats on the floor, but the heights make him really nervous. I was proud of him for doing the balance beam and bars so well, even though you could see the fear on his face the whole time!

Taking a bow with his medal on. I don't think I've ever taught him what a bow was, and so it was quite the awkward bend-over. But that made it even cuter :)

We took him out to lunch afterwards at Sonic (his favorite) and made a big deal of it for him. He was pretty happy. :)

Brynlee has nothing to do with this post, and I know she looks like a drunkard in this picture. I just think she looks like Cindy Lou-who with her pigtails and I wanted to show off what little hair she has haha. We're getting there.

4 comments:

Cam said...

Those pictures are so cute! I want to see Ty tumbling around.

Tina Braegger said...

Gosh, Ty is so cute and so so big! I love seing pics of your two adorable kids! So glad you are feeling better :)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I'm so impressed with Tyler! That high bar looks so high for him.

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

Love the little pig tails on Bryn! I can't believe how big Tyler is getting. Although he was nervous he sure did look happy and excited. I have always loved how energetic and daring Tyler is, what a fun little guy to have around! I can't wait until the family reunion so we can see you guys! We sure do miss you!