Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tire Changing

This post is going to be all about Kenny. (Beware of cheese) The one who gets up between 4 and 4:30 every day to work out because he doesn't want to take away from our "family time". He is like the energizer bunny and I'm so glad he has more energy than me these days. This is going to be all about my husband because of this morning. This morning he came home from working out, instead of going straight to work. He walks in to find me sitting on the couch in my pj's getting a little scripture reading in before my kids wake up. "Well hello!" I say, surprised to see him. He responds with, "Wanna learn how to change a tire?" And that makes me fall in love with him all over again. :)

I realized after we were married (and should have realized it before too) that part of the way he shows me he loves me is by semi-insisting that I am not helpless. He makes sure to teach me things that will make me more self-sufficient, and the best part is I get to work right alongside him. So that's what we did this morning even before breakfast, change a tire on his car. And if you asked me how to do it on our van, I could do that too.

I don't think I ever mentioned that he got a guitar for Father's Day. It's fun to watch (and listen) as he learns to play. He always says that he's sorry that it probably sounds so annoying. But really, I never mind. (plus he has to put up with my piano playing)





Tyler and Brynlee are absolutely crazy about him, but probably not as crazy as he is about them. The other day after Brynlee did something cute I said, "and we're going to have another one of these little dolls". Kenny got a big grin on his face and said, "yeah I could definitely handle another one of these!" He loves to be a father and I'm so glad I get to bear his children. Sometimes when I see him with our children it reminds me that they are half me, half him. And then I love him even more.

2 comments:

Elise said...

That's so cool he taught you how to change a tire! I am totally clueless about that.

Those pictures are beautiful, btw!

Oh, and I answered your question about photo books over on my post in case other people were wondering too :).

Tina Braegger said...

That was such a cute post! Way to go Kenney-such a good dad and hubby. Don't know what we would do without them :)