Friday, July 2, 2010

Yay for July!!!

I have been looking forward to July for a while now! I always love this month, and we've got a lot of fun stuff planned so I'm thinking it's going to be a great month!

This is a forewarning that it's just another one of my boring, record-what-we-did-this-week-posts. It's all about the family record, right?

Monday: Right now, all I can remember about that day is that we went to see Toy Story 3 for FHE. It was the first time we've ever gone to the movie theatres as a whole family! It was a really cute show, and Tyler thought it was so cool (what with the popcorn and all). But Brynlee was pretty much done after the previews haha. That's okay, we had a good time anyway. Oh, and Kenny bought himself a really nice road bike for all his future triathlons (including one in August).

Tuesday: Tyler went to 2 days of a camp at the Little Gym this week. It was for 3 hours on Tues. and Thurs. The theme was called "Who's Your Hero" and on this day they had firemen come in their big shiny firetruck. The kids got to spray the hoses, they did crafts, played games, and had free reign on all the gym equipment. Tyler had a blast! While he was there, Brynlee and I went to the park and played for a while. I realized that was the first time I had ever been to the park with just her. It was a really fun one-on-one date with my girl. We also did some shopping (accidentally spending the remainder of the time at Target haha). I discovered that Brynlee is a total angel when it's just me and her shopping. WHY she can't be like that when Ty's around, I don't know. But there's always something to fight or whine about.
That night we went on a family bike ride, something I've been wanting to do for a long time and now Kenny finally has a bike. We played down at the beach for a while, came home and had some ice cream.

Wednesday: In the morning I took the kids with me down to the church where we made an effort to clean the kitchen (along with the other members of the RS Pres.) cuz it was super gross. We picked up Payson and Ashlynn and they played at our house for a couple hours which was a fun change for the kids. I don't think anything else of note happened that day.

Thursday: Tyler's second and last day at the LG camp. This day some policemen came (one even showed up on a motorcycle!) and he loved it again. There were like 12+ boys and 1 girl at this camp haha. That's a lot of little boys. Brynlee has got a cruddy/runny nose and she kept waking up at night, and from her nap, because she can't sleep very well. This afternoon, after putting her back to sleep several times, I finally brought her out on the couch thinking she was done, and I resumed making banana bread. I look over a few minutes later to see this.

It is so not like her to do this, I thought it was so cute!
And last night I got to go out and have a girls night. It was Heather and Kirstin's birthday in the past week or two, so we went out to eat to celebrate what great women they are :). It's always fun to get out and talk for hours over yummy food. Kenny is somewhat baffled by it and usually asks, what do you guys talk about all the time? I just answer, what don't we talk about? He still doesn't understand women's talking capabilities. haha

It's been a great week so far and hopefully we'll have some fun 4th of July weekend plans to report later on.

No comments: