Monday, January 24, 2011

Easily Entertained

Today I was sitting on the couch feeding Madison, and chewing gum. I blew a bubble with my gum without thinking about it. Brynlee saw it, and ran over to me and got real close to my face, staring at my mouth. So I did it again. She started laughing. I blew a big one, and she laughed even harder and said "another one!" Pretty soon Tyler caught on to the excitement. They both stood in front of me shouting "again!" and "another one!" as I blew bubbles for the next 15 minutes. (That doesn't sound like a long time, but believe me, my tongue and jaw were tired.) They would laugh so hard after each one, especially if it popped on my nose or chin. They were throwing themselves onto the ground in fits of laughter. It was awesome. They are so easily entertained sometimes. I suppose I am too with certain things. Just ask Madison how entertained I am by her smiles and her cooing and gooing that she's recently started doing. I try to get her to do it the whole time she's awake. I'm sure she gets tired of it too. Which is why she would only smile for her siblings earlier today. I work and work to get her to crack a little smile for the camera. Then I tell Tyler to come over and stand by me...instant smile. Her face lights up around Ty and Bryn, it is so sweet. She's such a chunky monkey now--I love it! Check out her double chin! It is a sign that a) she is definitely my daughter and b) she eats a lot. :)


Trying to eat Tyler as he leans in to kiss her.
p.s. I think this midnight blogging with Madi on my lap is starting to become a tradition.

5 comments:

Cam said...

She is so adorable Linds! Embrace the double-chin... I think it's super cute!

White Out said...

I really just want to snuggle her. :)

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

That is too funny! And you don't have a double chin!

Carly said...

oh boy she is so adorable.

Caitlin said...

CUTE!