Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Must be beautiful this time of year, all that snow"

Gold star to anyone who can tell me what movie that quote is from. (Except for my sisters, I know you guys know!) We got a lot of snow this week, and today it snowed the whole day too. It is really cold, and I'm really ready for winter to be over. I only like it for about oh, 2-3 weeks. But Ty and Bryn were so glad to have their daddy home to (finally!) take them out and play in it yesterday.





That evening we had some friends from the ward over for dinner, Jason and Lauren Lawson and their son Jace, and Jacob and Katie Haws and their two boys. Our small house filled up quick but we had lots of fun with them.
Today we enjoyed a "linger longer" with soup and sandwiches after church, followed by 2 baptisms. It was a long church day, but we loved it. Now it's 11 p.m. and I'm really wishing I were in bed, asleep. But Madi looks like she'll be in it for the long haul again tonight. What happened to my great sleeper?!!

4 comments:

Cam said...

Darn... I was looking for a gold star opportunity. :) Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun! Tell Madi that if she wants to stay up late then you'll have to send her to her Aunt Lippy!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Ooooo, gold star. White Christmas right? Your kids are so cute in their snow gear! Makes me want to go sledding.. kind of.

White Out said...

They are too cute! Its so nice when daddy is home... haha best part of the day! You still amaze me Linds!

Elise said...

"I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that's forty-five minutes, and I'd at least have time to go out and get a massage or something!"

and...

"if you're ever under a falling building and someone offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye."

Classic movie!