Sunday, January 8, 2012

4 Days Down

Dear Kenny,
Has it really only been 4 days on our own? Lame. Well here's what we've been up to lately. Thursday I took the kids to the indoor Rainforest place at the zoo. It's nice that it's free with our membership--too bad we won't get to use it much longer. We got there right as they opened so we had the whole downstairs place to ourselves! It was so nice! Madi loved walking around and looking at all the animals by herself, without anyone to get in her way. She loved the fruit bats and the fish the most. Of course I forgot my camera, so I only got a couple lousy shots with my phone, but better than nothing.



Natalie Palmer and her kids came over for dinner that night because they were husband-less/father-less too.


Friday we had joy school over here again. That was my last time teaching, and I'm sad we're leaving that early. Tyler loves it. They're good kids, and it's fun to have them all play together.


Ty and Bryn love playing in the snow. Madi is so cute to stand by the door and watch (she doesn't last nearly as long as they do). They like to throw snowballs at the glass and smear it around her "face", they crack themselves up.


Brynlee's new place to play--Madi's crib!

Saturday around noon, Joslyn came over and trimmed the girls' hair, and cut my bangs too. I didn't get a picture of Madison's first hair cut, because I was holding her. But she did a pretty good job, especially when I bribed her with chocolate chip cookies.
It warmed up to high 40's, maybe even low 50's the day before. So all the snow is melted and the sun has been shining. I'm still glad you bought all these big balls. The kids love them.




I know I told you I would blog more often so you could get funnier details of the day, but I obviously haven't done a very good job of that. I'll try to do better this week.


I didn't get much sleep last night because more stomach/heartburn/digestion issues. Oh and Tyler slept with me because his tummy was hurting too. He really loves not having to sleep all by himself, and I don't mind. I love having my children close to me. I sure miss your warm (or rather, hot ;) )body next to mine, though.


Church went well today; everybody is so kind. Amy Franklin and Beth Herod were happy to take Madi so I could teach young womens. I was the only leader there for young womens today, so it was nice that I didn't have to worry about Madi too. We left the kids' backpack there, so I'll have to go back and get that. I broke down crying while driving home from church, because I just love everyone here so much, and I'm sad to leave them. Everyone is so kind and keeps trying to help and wondering what they can do to help us. My biggest struggle with moving is not saying goodbye to people, but feeling like I can never truly thank them or let them know how much their friendship and kindness means to me. It's like we're being mean by leaving after everyone has welcomed us here so readily.


Well we miss you like crazy and look forward to hearing from you when you get back from church.

XOXO, Linds

1 comment:

dax.jennifer said...

Oh Lindsay, you are so awesome. That is a long time to go without a husband! I admire your attitude about all of the changes and uncertainty of the next few months. I'm thinking about you!