Friday, January 27, 2012

It's Real

The fact that we are moving a week from today has all of the sudden hit me the last couple days and it's very real and very nerve-wracking. Before nothing was finalized and it was hard to really wrap my head around it or plan on anything because nothing was set in stone. But as of Wednesday, all the papers are signed, our flights are scheduled, we've signed a 2 month contract on some temporary, furnished housing, and the movers are all set to come next Wed., Thurs., and Fri. Pretty crazy if you ask me. I guess this is really happening. I am making lists about everything and getting all anxious and stressing out about every little detail, because that's what I do. I just go over and over things in my mind, even if I don't have any control over how it will turn out. But time will pass and it will all work out, I'm sure.

We've been trying to keep ourselves busy. We've had fun going to the mall and playing on the play place. I also bought myself 2 pairs of boots on sale. How convenient that all the winter stuff is going on sale here, and we're going to need it for pretty much year-round :). Yesterday we attempted to go bowling with Natalie and her kids, but about halfway into it we couldn't get the kids to bowl anymore. They found all the arcade games and it was over. So we paid for half a game of bowling which is stupid. I would have finished off the game for them because I love bowling, but I didn't want to buy myself shoes and the guy was such a stickler. I threw one ball for Bryn and he walked over and got after me. Bryn also had a major meltdown right before we left and cried for probably a good 45-60 minutes afterwards. I swear, that girl.

I realized I had several pictures on my phone that I haven't put up here. I can't remember what days they're from now, but here they are...





(Don't worry, we have since cut Tyler's hair...)





Tyler is currently obsessed with the show, America's Funniest Home Videos. It cracks me up just to watch him watch the show. He has had me record him several times doing what he thinks are "funny things" because he wants me to send them in so he can be on the show and win a free trip to Disneyland. He firmly believes he would win. He always quotes the show and tells me "You don't win if you don't send it in!" hahaha.


Brynlee misses her daddy a lot, and talks about him all throughout the day. She is obsessed with the color pink, and although she's very girly, she loves to play anything Ty plays with. She will tell me that we need to buy "pink lizards", "pink dinosaurs", or anything her brother plays with--she wants a pink version of it for herself.


Madison brings me books dozens of times throughout the day, sometimes the same book over and over again. I think she's figured out that I always stop what I'm doing to read to the kids. She knows she will always get up on my lap and have a book read to her, if she just brings it to me. I do that because I want them to all love books, but I think she's just using it to her advantage :). She also loves to hug Brynlee randomly throughout the day and it's so stinkin cute.

2 comments:

Cam said...

Your kids are so dang cute Linds. I love reading about all the funny things they do!

Hang in there with the move next week- we're praying for you guys. Love you!

Charity said...

Crazy! I feel kinda the same way with our move coming up. But you are a pro at it so I keep on thinking I need to call you and get some advise. Bryn's pink dino's etc it so funny its exactly the same thing Miriam does- they would get along great:)Good luck with everything!