Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Let The Craziness Begin!

big news: We're moving to Anchorage, Alaska!

We found out yesterday that it's for real. We are being re-located there with Kenny's current company, URS Energy and Construction. We are expecting to be there for 2-3 years. Kenny flew to Houston, TX this evening and starts work there tomorrow. He'll be down there for the next month doing some training, then we should move up to Alaska the beginning of February. Yes that puts me 3-4 weeks away from delivering this baby, and yes I'm sort of freaking out inside. We're kind of caught up in this whirlwind of events, and I'm afraid it's not going to subside till at least April. We are trying to figure everything out and praying for help as we go along. We may be bringing this little girl home from the hospital to a hotel, but as long as she's healthy I suppose it doesn't matter. I'm hoping the next 4 weeks pass really quickly, as I already miss my man. We're excited for this next adventure in our lives, and feel like it's a good opportunity for Kenny in his career. This will make our 4th state within a year! Hopefully things will settle down for us a little bit after this. I'm voting for no more babies or moves for at least 2 years! :)

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Lindsey! That is craziness but that will be such a fun adventure. My dad grew up in Alaska and he really liked it. It will be so fun to see your new adventures up there. Good luck to you guys! You will do so awesome!

Stacey said...

Wow!!! At least you know where you're going now. I haven't ever been to Alaska, but Cody keeps wanting to move there so maybe we'll be joining you someday :) You have a very exciting life!!! I am so excited for you! Alaska seems like a great big adventure

Carly said...

What a surprise!!! I LOVE AK, Shem grew up in Anchorage. You will love it. :) It's an adjustment I'd expect, but it's gorgeous and they have a cute little temple and a good LDS population! :)

Elise said...

Wow! You are such a trooper. You'll be 6 hours away from Quincy and Jen, but I think they go down to Anchorage a couple of times a year to go to the temple. Also she'll most likely be having her twins there, so maybe you'll deliver at the same hospital :). Good luck with the move!