Sunday, January 15, 2012

Missing You

Just woken up and looking at the freshly fallen snow. It's beautiful.





Dear Kenny,


You'd think this would get easier, or that we'd get used to you being gone, but it hasn't, and we're not. The last few days have been hard for me, and we're so glad you're going to make it home this coming weekend. Something to look forward to!


Madison is especially struggling lately, and it dawned on me today that maybe it's because you're not here. Or she senses big changes like a new little sister coming, or that we're moving. Goodness knows she has several reasons to pick from, so I can't blame her. I'm trying to be more sensitive to the kids and all that's going on. I rarely sleep alone at night, all 3 sort of take turns climbing into bed with me for various reasons but I don't mind.


As I was shoveling the driveway yesterday and all the kids were out playing in the snow, I realized that I really need to get some snow boots and snow clothes before we move to Alaska. We will all definitley need them. Tyler really wanted you to help him build a fort, but I told him there will be plenty more opportunities to build snow forts where we're going. Madi always looks so cute all bundled up. Poor gal can't get up when she falls down cuz of all the snow gear haha, it cracks me up.


I find that I really relish my down-time at night right now. After the kids go to bed it is so nice and quiet. I watch a movie, or read. This week I read the book Sarah's Key, and then I found the movie in Redbox so I watched it too. They changed a lot of the story, but I always love love love to hear french. Don't forget you promised to take me back to Paris someday...someday. It was a good book, but so depressing. My project the last couple nights has been cutting up all your old jeans to use as scraps in a rag quilt. I'm so glad you suggested that before we dumped them off at Goodwill.


The Palmers had us over for dinner tonight which was so kind of them, as Sundays can get really long. James did all the cooking and it was delicious. The kids were excellent at church again today, I was so proud of them.


Well I guess I'll go back to my jean cutting.


I love you.


Linds

1 comment:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

You are such a trooper!! I think you deserve some spoiling.. hint hint Kenny ;)