Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Not Much

Kenny was able to come home for the weekend and it was SOOOOooooo nice having him home. None of us let him out of our sight for a second and we all mauled him with love and attention :). I don't think he minded a bit. We picked him up at 8:20 p.m. on Thursday night, and dropped him back off at the airport on Sunday around 2 p.m.
The kids were all over him the whole time, especially his little girls. I sure enjoyed having someone here to help hold these needy girlies! (Madi wasn't always crying with him, she just happened to get hurt right as I pulled out the camera...of course)



We are really looking forward to him being with us for good again (Feb. 1st!!). I'm so glad that he's not in the military, or in a job where he travels a lot and is gone. I don't like it at all.

I know I've been a bad blogger. I don't have much to report. Not only that, but I think it would end up being a little too negative or pity-party-ish and I don't think anyone wants to read that. I'm having a hard time right now, and that's all there is to it. But I've got my big girl panties on (that's my mom's favorite expression for when you have to do something hard in life. She just says, "put on your big girl panties".) and I know it won't last forever, even if it feels that way. Maybe just several more months...or years. Hopefully not years. Anyways.


Here's our cute little Madster saying "cheese" for the camera. This girl is a handful. Make that two handfuls. It's a good thing she's so dang cute.

The kids finger painted today, and Brynlee turned it into a little body art at the end. Not only did it leave a nice blue residue in the tub, but she looked half-smurf the rest of the day.



Well it's 10 p.m. and even though the dishes aren't done, I'm calling it a night. Good night.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Yeah I'm glad you got to have your hubby back for a bit! I'm with you, I don't like it when my other half is gone.

I love the "big girl panties" that is hilarious. Aunt Colleen is awesome :)

I'm sorry you are having a hard time, I wish I could give you a big hug. You are really so inspiring to me, many days I think to myself "you should be more like Lindsay"- you are one tough cookie!