Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shoe boxes, sick, and stuff

I never throw away shoe boxes because I seem to always find a use for them. I've had my eye on these kind of boxes for a while.
I'm trying to get all of our pictures organized and sorted so that I can catch up on scrapbooking. But these types of boxes were a little too pricy for just a box. So I decided to cover my shoe boxes with cute paper and call it good. They didn't turn out too bad. They're not all uniform and cool-looking, but they were free so I'll take it.

I did do some scrapbooking this weekend, by the way. I wasn't feeling up to much else. Friday morning I woke up feeling pretty lousy. I thought it would go away so I dropped my kids off at my friend Heather's house and went to the dentist.

*Side note: It was my first dentist appt. since I've been married, or even since I left for college I think. WOW. They took a bunch of pictures and did a bunch of other stuff, including cleaning. I have to go back this next week to get a crown because one of my fillings has cracks in it and stuff is leaking in. Anyways...*

By the time I got out of the dentists office I was feeling so miserable, and feverish and shivering like crazy. So I picked up my kids *Another side note: Heather is the best ever because Brynlee screamed more than half the time and she still was nice to me when I came back to get them. She even made me peppermint tea for the ride home! She's pretty much the greatest.*

I took some drugs (Ibuprofen) when I got home and turned on a movie for the kids. Too bad Brynlee's not old enough to care about movies. I was so grateful when they both took a nap at the same time, cuz i did too. Kenny came home from work an hour or two early and saved the day. He sent me to bed to sleep some more and made me some chicken noodle soup. True to his non-recipe/throw in whatever you find in the kitchen style, it turned out great. What a guy. Saturday was a lazy day for me too. Tyler went to a birthday party for our next door neighbor, Laura. She turned 4 and he was more than thrilled to be part of another birthday. He loves them and thinks presents are the coolest.

Here we are Saturday night. Me, still in my sweats. We're enjoying popcorn and hot chocolate on the living room floor (because my scrapbooking was taking over the table) and just hanging out.



I was pretty bummed that I got randomly sick because I was going to run a 10K on Saturday morning. Hopefully I can find another race soon. Today I'm feeling much better and went to church and everything. And I wore my sassy, new, red, peep-toe heels (that was a lot of adjectives), that I love.




I thought the kids looked so cute today in their church clothes. Looking forward to another great week.

1 comment:

Porter Family said...

I missed the shoes!!! I can't believe I missed the shoes! You walked up there and prayed and everything and I MISSED THE SHOES!!!!! AARRRGGH! Oh, well, how about next Sun?

BTW, your kids are just great. Brynlee just has to figure out how much she likes me. (If she didn't scream when Kenny had her, too, it would be different, but it isn't, so hah!)