Monday, October 19, 2009

Sun and Halloween Poem

Oh boy we are enjoying the sunshine today!! It has been so cloudy, cold, and rainy for the last couple weeks that we are just soakin up this sun.
I love her in her new outfit. Question: What's better than super-tight, pink pants?
Answer: Brynlee's chubby thighs and ghetto bootie in super-tight, pink pants! I love watching her crawl around in these haha.


Two things about this picture: 1. Tyler is hitting the football with a bat. Hmm... 2. Brynlee is about to pick up something and put it in her mouth. Yuck. oh, and the third child in this pic. is the neighbor boy I'm babysitting today.


My mom did pre-school at home with all of us kids and I remembered this cute little poem about pumpkins sitting on a gate. I called her up and asked her to e-mail it to me and she did. I have taught it to Tyler and he absolutely loves it. We say it all the time. Today we even cut out and glued together an illustration for it which he thought was pretty cool. So here's for any of you with toddlers or little kids that want a fun poem:

5 little pumpkins sitting on a gate
The first one said, "It's getting mighty late"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air!"
The third one said, "I really don't care"
The fourth one said, "Let's run, run, run!"
The fifth one said, "It's Halloween fun!"
"Wooooo" went the wind, and OUT went the lights (clap your hands on out)
and 5 little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

Funny conversation with Tyler:

Me: Come on kiddos!

Tyler: Mom, we not kiddos, we are mans! (referring to him and his friend, Ryan)

Me: Oh I thought you were a big boy.

Ty: No, I'm a man, and daddy's a man, and you're a woman. Don't call me a big boy. I'm a man!

4 comments:

Carly said...

SO cute! we are totally doing that today! :) (i will have to get all the pieces ready... and i'll probably have to glue them too... actually i will be making this project today- stella will be eating the crayons...)

Caitlin said...

so cute! kids say the funniest things!
love brynlee in her cute pink pants!

Terra said...

there is an really neat book about that poem. You should see if the library has it. IF Tyler likes the poem, he'll love the book. Our library in Ohio had it and we had to keep renewing it when Xandy was a toddler. We had it for about 6 mos. IT was her favorite book and she wanted it read every night. Oh, and I Love Brynlee's pants!

Carly said...

(i'm making this tonight haha)