Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We don't need a puppy


Some people don't have children because they have a dog. I don't have a dog, because I have Brynlee. She is somewhat similar to a puppy in some of the things she does:
-She crawls over and sits at my feet and begs.
-She chews on everything
-Bites and tugs on my pants with her teeth
-Bites me
-Whines when she gets hungry or wants attention
-She occasionally growls
-When she gets excited while crawling, she pants and her tongue hangs out of her mouth. :)
See what I mean? Obviously, the comparison of human baby to dog stops there, but I think it's pretty funny.


Here's a little thing I've been working on.

This is Tyler's paternal line. Dad, Grandpa (his dad), and his dad, and on for 5 generations. Pretty cool eh? I wanted to inculde Tyler's picture in the line, but they don't sell frames like this with 6 holes. I found one for 7, but we can't find another picture to go one more generation back. Anyway, i'm workin on Brynlee's maternal line right now. We're also trying to collect pictures of all ancestors because we love them and think it's fun to have their pictures up all over our house. We sure do have a rich heritage in all lines.

6 comments:

Elise said...

That is a cool idea with the pictures! I want to copy it...

Cam said...

Cool idea Linds! I still can't believe how beautiful little Bryn is. Can't wait to pinch those thighs again!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Sometimes I think that you can read my mind. Every blog I read I think to myself, I was just thinking that! Even the spotlight about Steph, I was thinking, I should spotlight someone right before I read it. But I didn't think of the generation pictures. Love it and will probably now use it:)

Kellen and Erin said...

That is soooo cool! I love it! I think I might copy you. I have wanted to have ancestor pictures in our house as well, so as soon as we're unpacked here I might start working on that! By the way, at first I thought the picture of Kenny's dad was Kenny!

Shelley said...

I love the pictures, that is so cool!! Also, those are such cute pj's she is wearing! What a cutie. It's so funny how they paint like that when they are crawling. What a cutie!

Corinne Hoyt said...

I so now how the child and animal thing goes. Only Aaron is a cat/tiger. When he wants to be nice, he's a cat. But if you make him mad, he immediately changes mode, growls, and becomes a tiger. :) I miss you!