Saturday, October 3, 2009

Party On Your Lips

It is starting to get cold here. And do you know what happens to me in the winter? Everything gets dry and chapped. My skin and lips need extra extra moisturizing. It's just another part of winter for me; sweaters, chapstick, coats, lotion. The other day I was at Wal-mart with the kids and as we were checking out, I looked to my side where they've got all those last minute things to suck you in. Their final attempts at making you buy things you don't need, but might decide you want right before you swipe your card. I saw something I not only wanted, but really do need now that it's getting cold--chapstick. Not just any kind of chapstick. Burt's Bees!!!

As soon as I bought it, I put some on and oh how those memories flooded in. It took me back to my college days where Burt got me through those horrible Rexburg winters. I didn't go anywhere without that stick of beeswax in my pocket. As soon as that chapstick touched my lips I could taste Kenny's kisses too. You see, we both used this chapstick (generally sharing) while we were dating and engaged. Every time he used it he would say, "it's like a party on your lips every time". And Kenny and I sure did (and do) have parties on our lips' :).

Welcome back to my life, Burt. I'm just so glad I get to continue to have this chapstick, and Kenny's kisses, on my lips.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

That picture makes me miss you guys so much. I feel like writing a good qualities list for you both!:)