Sunday, October 25, 2009

Trunk or Treat

On Friday night we had a ward trunk-or-treat/chili cook-off. It was combined with the Glen Carbon ward and it was lots of fun. Kenny and I dressed up as construction workers because we couldn't come up with anything else that was free. We are so cheap. He just brought everything home from work, and an extra set of everything for me: FRC's, hard hats, safety goggles, and vests with reflectors on them. We looked pretty legit. Tyler was a skeleton (that's as close as we could get to a monster, which is what he kept requesting to be) and Brynlee was a puppy, which was Tyler's costume exactly two halloweens ago haha. For our trunk we decorated it with caution tape, posters, flashing lights, and little orange cones. It was great. We won "most creative" and had a great time. Tyler thinks trick-or-treating is the best and keeps asking to go again. He loves candy!! It was really cold and really windy outside, but at least it wasn't raining. Sorry some of these pics are so dark.





She's chowin down on a hot dog bun. good stuff.

Saturday night we went to our friends, the Pearsons' house for another round of Hand and Foot. It's a super fun card game that we had never heard of until we met them. They have lots of couples from our ward over once a month and we all bring something and do a big dinner, then play cards for the next few hours. It's a blast and we love going. Someday we'll even be able to go without our children. Last time we didn't bring Ty, and Brynlee fell asleep not long after we got there and slept the rest of the time. But last night we weren't so lucky. Tyler played with Elijah (their little boy who's a little older than Ty) and he went to bed there. Brynlee screamed her head off anytime we tried to lay her down so we gave up. Of course she fell asleep the second we got in the car. All I'm going to say is I look forward to going on a date with Kenny again someday. :) We are lucky to have such good friends here.
Week 2 of potty training and Tyler is doing fantastic. He is still so scared to go on a regular-sized toilet, but we have zero problems at home. Today at church he said he needed to go so I took him in the bathroom (even though we had put a diaper on him for church) and he walked in the stall and said "oh no mom this is way too big. I'm gonna fall in!!" haha So he went in his diaper. But I am so proud of him and how fast he picked it up. He's such a happy boy and I love having him around all the time.

5 comments:

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

What cute pictures! I love Tyler's costume. Did he get to pick it out?

I would love to show you how to make bows at Thanksgiving, I just need you to bring the ribbon or flowers that you want and we'll have a bow making party! We are excited to see you guys!

Elise said...

Cute costumes!

So last night I had this dream that I was having a baby and you were my midwife...it was pretty cool, except that after all our hard work, the only thing that came out was a blanket. No baby! What a waste of a pregnancy! I just wanted to share that with you... :)

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

That is such a cute idea! And I love your fall pictures... what a great idea :) I need to find out more about your camera because the pictures are amazing. Ha, I like Elise's comment.

Carly said...

SOOO cute! i miss you guys!

Shalean said...

cute idea! Rick and I were gothic...which isn't like us at all so we got a lot of looks:)