Sunday, January 17, 2010

Events of Our Week

Monday we had the missionaries over for dinner. Good guys; always makes me miss my missionary brother, Jeff. I hope that there are good people feeding him every once in a while.
Tuesday-Thursday...kind of a boring week.

Friday: My three closest friends here, Heather, Terra, and Rochelle, came over with their kids! All of the kids had a wonderful time playing together, and we had a wonderful time chatting and eating. (2 of my most favorite things.) I was thinking about how lucky I am to know these women. I have been so influenced by each of them, and I'm glad we've had the chance to live here so that I can know them. One is the Young Women's Pres., another the Primary President, and another in the Relief Society Presidency. I, (in my non-presidential state) feel so honored that they let me be their friend :). I learn so much from them.

Friday night I also had piano lessons for my 2nd time. It was really great. I am so glad I get a second chance at this. Sometimes it's hard to practice because whenever I get on, the kids just want to sit up with me and pound away, and Tyler requests that I play "Aristocats" (I guess he likes scales and stuff haha). But I always sneak some time in while they're eating, or sleeping too.

Saturday: Kenny had a Primary Pancake Breakfast, with teacher inservice afterwards that he enjoyed. Then he ran some errands for me since he was already in town. Later on he took Tyler to the gym and took him swimming, which Ty of course loves. I put Bryn down for a nap and was able to play the piano and cook. I really relish times like those. Kenny and Ty came home and immediately set to building a snowman. Ty talks about doing it all the time (I think he saw it on Caillou or something) and the snow is melting quickly. It was fairly warm outside, and they ended up doing our whole family represented with snowmen!! Notice how Kenny even made mine and his "holding hands" haha.

She's trying to pull her hat off in this one.

Sunday: slept in a little and had to race to get ready and to church on time. Wonderful talks/lessons today. Kenny's got home teaching this afternoon. Later on the agenda is budget review/planning session, reading, games, treats and resting. Happy Sabbath to all of you.

3 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Cute cute family. It's fun that you get to do kid things when you have kids. We didn't even build a snowman. Oh and I am Really impressed that you are taking up piano. Way to go.

Carly said...

hahaha she is so cute :)

fun snow men! we keep planning on building a good one but the snow has been way stinky this year! like either way too wet or way too hard! :P

Porter Family said...

Every YW president needs a good presidential advisor--you just happen to be advisor to all three presidencies. That takes talent, missy!!! :) I can't believe Kenneth built a snowman whilst wearing shorts. That's awesome. I'm looking forward to having another advising session soon!