Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend and Glasses

Saturday was pretty normal. Lots of cleaning, working out, and playing. Kenny took Ty swimming again, and he loves it so much. Saturday night the missionaries came over for dinner again, (they called and asked us if they could come over this time) and brought Regi (short for Regina) with them. She's a girl that goes to SIUE and we're close to the same age. She's been investigating the church and has come to church the last few weeks so I've gotten to know her and we're like friends now. So she came with them and it was so fun. For dessert I made a fancy, chocolate layered cake from the Lion House Cookbook and it was super yummy.

Sunday was great too. Except Tyler peed all over himself in nursery, which has never happened before. I told Kenny to take him to the bathroom after sacrament meeting because I knew that Tyler had drank two cups of juice already that morning. Kenny didn't know that, so when he took him and Tyler said "I don't have to go", he believed him. I wouldn't have, but I know better haha. So he didn't put a diaper on him either, and off he went to nursery. Not too long into Sunday School (not that I was in there anyways thanks to Brynlee) they brought Ty out to Kenny, who found me. I took the kids home (Kenny had to continue teaching) and changed Ty's clothes. We drove back in time for the last 15 minutes of church (we live 20 minutes away, remember). Next time, I think I'll be in charge of taking Ty to the potty.

That evening we had two couples from our ward, the Hasquins and the Harts over for dinner. We had a really great time getting to know them all better. Jason and Brooke Hasquin have a 2 year old boy who's in nursery with Tyler, so they had fun playing together too. I just love people. I could sit and talk non-stop...maybe it comes with being female, maybe it's just me. But either way, I love talking to people.


I forgot to mention before that Kenny and I both got new glasses. We went in on the 31st of December--the last day we could use the money towards new glasses on our insurance. Talk about procrastination! We got them just in time. Kenny looks so very GQ in his.

Tyler and Brynlee have been sporting around some glasses too!



These kids think sunglasses are just the best. Ty says "I'm a rockin' cool dude." and Brynlee just laughs. I Love these kids.

2 comments:

Jefferson and Kimberlyn said...

Lindsay I have alway ment to comment on your blog because i love reading it. anyway.. I think you are such an awesome mom and hope when I have kids I am half as good as you are. Maybe when that day comes I can call ya for tips! ha ha I just thought I would let you know how great i think you are and I really look up to you.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

great glasses on all of you!