Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Protector

Flexing his big muscles; halfway in, and halfway out, of his pj's for some reason

I discovered something about my sweet Tyler today--he is extremely protective of me!! Kenny was tickling me on the living room floor today and had me pinned down. I was squealing and laughing and screaming, and Tyler freaked out. He got all red in the face and ran over and tried to knock Kenny off and starting punching him in the face and yelling at him!! It was hilarious! We had to explain that we were just playing around and that daddy would never hurt me.

Later on, we were acting out the story of Abinadi and King Noah for FHE lesson. Tyler was sitting on a "throne" acting as King Noah. Kenny was Abinadi and I was the guard bringing him in. I was going to take him away to kill him, and in trying to convey the message that nobody was allowed to touch him until he had delivered his message, I pretended that I was shocked or something, and dramatically threw myself back. Tyler thought that Kenny had thrown me back or something, because he jumped off his throne and ran at Kenny again throwing punches to protect me! hahah. The poor kid kept misinterpreting things.

(The "play" we were putting on didn't end up being a good idea anyway, because Tyler took it too seriously and started to cry when we told him that King Noah was going to get burned at the end, haha.)

I just though it was so cute how Tyler instinctively reacts to help me out of any danger he thinks I'm in. :) I've got my own little protector here with me all day. He's awesome.

Today has been the most wonderful day. We have church at 9:00 now instead of 11:30 and I cannot even explain how nice that is. It makes a huge difference in the whole day. Naps are reinstated and it is awesome. Only bad part of the day was this little babe got hurt.

We were all playing legos together and then we started playing peek-a-boo with Bryn, because she loves it. I stopped playing with her, but she kept putting the blanket back over her head. I had got up and walked into the kitchen and she had the blanket over her head, then fell over and bit her bottom lip really bad. It was bleeding a lot and swelled up, too. I felt so bad for her. She looks like a little abused child. She's got scratches all over her face from always falling and stuff, and now she's got a fat lip to go with it. Poor thing.
We have loved having Kenny home with us the past few days. Too bad tomorrow brings work again. But that's life, right?

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

what a great son you have, trying to protect you....but poor Kenny getting punched in the face