Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's Finished!

After several months of working on this darn thing, it is finished! I'm talking about the sailboat quilt I made for Ty's bed. It wasn't originally intended to be a quilt. I started out with the large sailboat in the center as a fun thing to make. But I loved the fabric and stuff so much that I kept making up the pattern as I went. Kenny's help was enlisted several times! He would draw up a little graph on Excel to see how much fabric I needed, what measurements would work, etc. He was very helpful! So was my mom who I called on several occasions with different ideas and she, with her wonderful foresight and experience, would say yes or no haha. It took well over a month to get back from Utah where it was being quilted, but it turned out SO good! I think it is so beautiful, but probably just because I put so much work into it. I finally finished binding it last night after the kids went to bed and I couldn't wait till Tyler woke up this morning to put it on.

p.s. I apologize for all of the pictures below, none of them turned out very good to say the least. But just imagine it looking wonderful :)



I bought this shelf for toys a while back when I started "re-doing" their room and it has been so great in there for organization! And I love the other sailboat decor on top.


This little table was also an addition. I haven't bought the matching chairs yet because I was floored by the price. So we'll just use some mismatched chairs that we already have in the meantime.

7 comments:

Charity said...

Wow, I'm completely impressed. Making a quilt is awsome, but making up the pattern as you go along and such- Ya you are pretty much amazing!

White Out said...

Wow.. Charity took the words right off my mind!! I am SO impressed! Good work. Quilting is fun, maybe soon I will have some time to do some too ;)

Carly said...

supre cute lindsay!! and way to go on the making it up on your own- you
rock!

Cam said...

Seriously Linds-- I love that. You need to sell me that pattern stat! :) I bet Ty loves it.

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

That quilt is amazing. I love Ty's room. Lucky boy!!!

Dax and Jen said...

The quilt looks amazing Lindsay! I can't even fathom making it up as I go...it is hard enough to make up a whole design before staring.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Amazing quilt!