Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!"

This is going to be a long and random post about just stuff that's happened lately.

Kenny has recently developed somewhat of an obsession with pickled eggs. I had never even heard of them, but some guy at work introduced them to him and now he is hooked. He came home several days in a row with new kinds of peppers and stuff to add to his jars of pickled eggs. I think the whole thing looks (and smells) disgusting, but hey, he likes it.

Our fridge now looks like some freaky science experiment. I think this would be a good thing to do at Halloween and make the eggs into eyeballs or something. That's how gross it is to me haha.


Speaking of crazy things Kenny does, he decided to go on a bike ride on Saturday. That's nothing new, but this time he was gone for almost 3 hours! I was scared to death because of how hot it was outside, and he didn't tell me he would be gone for so long. At one point (after 2 hours) I got the kids in the car and we drove around for a while looking for him. I realized while we were gone that it was probably a stupid idea since I had no idea which direction he had gone or how far, and he was probably fine. He finally got home and had ridden like 42 miles or something. He had one very numb bum.


This next picture was taken on Sunday before church. Tyler is growing so fast (okay so they both are) but we had to get him new pants and a new church shirt because his arms and legs were definitely too long for his other pairs. He looks so grown up! (And Brynlee was playing the maracas of course) It's fun to have them in nursery together. I think it makes Bryn's transition a little easier. Only 4 more months of it though, and then Ty will be a sunbeam! wow.


Remember the last post where I was saying how bored we were? I want to first explain myself a little. It wasn't like we hadn't done anything else that day. We had already colored, played legos, and indoor soccer, and danced to music, and read a lot of books, and done puzzles, and watched a movie, and and and ya know? I just get tired of always having to find something to do instead of just saying, let's go outside and play. But anyways, that's my little disclaimer. Well this was our solution that afternoon: make cupcakes. Then we decorated and devoured them, spoiling our dinner :). But it's okay to spoil your dinner on leftovers night.
Some of us enjoyed the decorating part a little more than others...
(Check out that tongue of concentration! A true Andersen trait)

While others enjoyed the devouring part a little more...

The face of pure delight :)
Yesterday my friend Terra was kind enough to get us a free pass to go swimming with them at the YMCA. That was SUCH a nice break from the heat. Rochelle was there with her kids too so we had a great time.
Last night while Kenny was at a Young Men vs. Elders Quorum softball game, I took the kids to McDonalds for dinner and the playground. Classy, I know. Anytime someone said the word "McDonald" Brynlee sang "E-I-E-I-O!" It cracked me up. She also went on the playplace for the first time (we haven't been there in a few months) and she got stuck at the top of one of the slides. Thankfully Tyler was helpful enough to go help her down. There was a man there with his grandson who looked at my belly and said, "I sure hope she doesn't really get stuck because you can't get in there to get her!" I was almost hoping she would so I could prove him wrong. I am not THAT big yet!!
But anyway, that's a little update for my increasingly lame blog.

No comments: