Sunday, August 29, 2010

Long post of our week

I kept meaning to get on here earlier this week, and now here I am at the end with a long update. But here it is anyway.

Monday: recovered from the trip: Laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping. FHE

Tuesday: dry cleaners for all of Kenny's suits (i love coupons). Brynlee had her 18 mo. Dr. appt. in the a.m. She's 33 1/4 inches tall (90th %) and 24 pounds 12 oz. (50th%) she got some shots that made her not feel so great the rest of the day, but she didn't even cry during them. She's one tough cookie. I'm so grateful for healthy kids, and for mine and Kenny's health too. Afterwards we stopped at the library. I found out that my sister Steph had an emergency C-section the night before. She was not quite 38 weeks, but her heart wouldn't stop racing so they hurried and did it. Welcome to the world baby Dean Perry Webb!! He's a beautiful little boy and although it was a very scary experience for Steph, (read the crazy story here if you'd like) she's doing much better now and they're both home. I've been feeling very helpless this week as I'm too far away to help her out. My sisters and mom are able to go take turns staying with her for a while...if only I were closer.

Wednesday: We made a trip to Target first thing in the morning to get some more bins and organizational stuff. We spent the next while at the park as it was such a beautiful morning and we couldn't go inside when it was so cool outside!! We are SO excited for fall. At least the mornings are cooler now, so I do know that it is coming :). Spent the rest of the day cleaning out closets and moving more clothes to the garage. I feel like I am constantly re-arranging and moving clothes around. Between seasons changing, my children growing like weeds, and me changing sizes between normal me, chubby me, and finally maternity clothes, I never stop changing clothes in and out of rooms. That afternoon my phone came in the mail!! Thank you to my mother-in-law for sending it so quickly. Boy it was frustrating to not have it.

That night was Kenny's first night of going to Young Men's! I don't think I mentioned it yet, but he got called as the Young Men's President! That's going to be one busy calling, but he's very excited about it.

Thursday: We had a presidency meeting in the morning. I always feel bad for the kids that I have to drag them around to all those things, but they're pretty good about it. That afternoon I took the kids with me to go look at two houses (duplexes actually) in town because I really wanted to move since they keep extending our end date here. But that's a whole other post on its own. We stayed around and had dinner, then took Tyler to his first class of the new semester at The Little Gym. It's a sports class and he's so excited about it. He asks to go back all the time. Kenny worked late and we all met up and went out for custard afterwards. YUM!

Friday: Went on a long walk and spent a couple hours down at the beach in the morning, swinging on the swings, building sand castles, and just soaking up the beautiful cool weather. That night we went bowling as a family because we had two free passes. We had a great time!!



I thought it was cool that all the balls had my name on them! (Linds) They must use the same brand as the Fat Cats in Provo, UT. That's the only other bowling place I've seen them.

Tyler just really liked his shoes. It was a little sad when he found out we didn't get to keep them, he just thought they were the coolest colors!

Saturday: Kenny mowed the lawn in the morning then got ready and left for the day by 10 a.m., not getting home until almost 11 p.m. He was lucky enough to go down to St. Louis with the youth and listen to John Bytheway speak!! He said it was so awesome. After that they all went over to the stake center for Stake Priesthood meeting or something and enjoyed that too. He felt very spiritually uplifted, and also tired, by the end of the day.
The kids and I just got to hang out like any other day at home. We made a car for Tyler out of a big cardboard box. We painted it, decorated it (he put a lot of star stickers and a colored picture of Lightning McQueen on it), and he drove it around a lot! We made a paper stop sign and talked about the shape, octagon. We also made a stop light with red, yellow and green. Instead of playing red light, green light, he wanted to add "yellow light" since that's technically correct. It was pretty funny to watch him run in slow-motion for yellow light. :)


We had a great day at church today. Kenny had meetings before and after, and is finally taking a nap now :). I still can't get over how much I enjoy having both kids in nursery! I feel much more uplifted when I'm able to actually listen to what goes on at church. I know that's selfish of me, but it's true. Well this post is long enough, so I'll be done now.

3 comments:

Carly said...

okay you kill me super mom!! you are awesome!
i love your blog haha :)
sometimes i wish we were still roommates (okay, neighbors would be good too) because i feel like you are such a good example and we just love you guys haha
congrats to kenny's new calling! :)

Cam said...

You seriously are super-mom, Linds! I wish I could come out there and spend some time with your cute kids too. Tyler still doesn't remember that I'm his favorite aunt. :) I'll have to find Tyler some bowling shoes for Christmas!

Tina Braegger said...

haha I love how pround Tyler is of his car and those awesome bowling shoes. That kid always has cracked us up, what a cutie! You guys are so good about doing family things together, I love it!
Congrats to Kenny on his calling! He is going to be a lot busier now huh? Hopefully you guys will still see him.