Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weston Family Reunion

What a trip!! Kenny and I have dubbed ourselves "Road Trip Masters" because it's true. Other than truck drivers, I've never met anyone that does as many insane road trips as we do.

Wednesday the 18th: We left around 3:00 p.m. (if I remember correctly) and drove through the night of course, switching off every few hours. We got to Bear Lake--which is on the border of Idaho and Utah--19 hours later. We made pretty good time, and we were tired. But there's no time to rest when you're at a family reunion with people you only get to see once this year! We had a wonderful time the rest of the weekend, mostly just playing at our private beach :). We rented a house for the weekend, although it was so old and stuff I felt like we might as well have been camping but we still enjoyed it.

It was so nice to see the mountains again! Oh I miss those so much. I had also forgotten how dry it is there!! Holy cow. The temperature got so cold at night and in the morning, which is also something we forgot about. It felt so nice! I haven't wished for a jacket in months. I only wish the water at Bear Lake was a little warmer, but other than that it was perfect. Kenny's parents bought a boat beforehand so everyone enjoyed that, and they rented two jet skis for Friday and Saturday. Kenny got to kneeboard and wakeboard, and I got to ride in the boat :). Good thing I won't be pregnant two summers in a row. Tyler and Brynlee were in heaven the whole time. Cousins to play with, and on a beach no less! Brynlee is our fearless little water baby and had no regard for freezing temperatures. She just continually dove in head first until her lips looked blue and she was shaking from being so cold haha. She had a blast. I took so many pictures of her, I just couldn't help it. She's so darn photogenic.








Tyler and his cousin, Josh, who is 6 weeks younger than him. These two were inseperable, as they always are when we get together. It is so nice for him to have a constant little buddy!

The weekend was full of family, food, and fun. Oh I forgot to mention that we went to the Picadilly Playhouse and saw a cute little show.
On Saturday night after dinner we said our good-byes and headed out. We were beat from being in the sun for 3 days, but had no choice but to drive all night again. We switched on and off every few hours again and made it back safely. There were a few mishaps; like me forgetting my phone (it is terribly inconvenient) and me missing a turn on the way back and adding an hour onto our time. But there were also a few miracles. Like how Kenny's ipod lasted 7-8 more hours after it was on the "red zone" in battery life, and it helped whoever was driving stay awake as it lasted through the night. Also how a deer was on the side of the road and though I started to slow down as soon as I saw it, had it chose to run out I would have hit it for sure. Thank goodness it flinched forward, then turned and ran the other way. The kids were troopers, and we were all in bed by 9 on Sunday night :). We are glad we got to go--it was so good to see family again. Can't wait till next year!

2 comments:

Cam said...

I think you guys need to move to California or something-- your kids look so natural at the beach! Those are such fun pictures!

Tina Braegger said...

CUTE CUTE pictures! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It will be a change for us but hopefully we will be blessed one day and one day we can have better jobs. We will see what happenes, just hope for the best. :)