Friday, November 5, 2010

Good Friday


Today was a good day. We didn't have anything going on, and we enjoyed it. Tyler even watched a movie before he changed out of his pajamas or did preschool or anything! Speaking of preschool, I ordered some of the Kumon books that my sister recommended and we've been really happy with them already. We've only had them for 3 or 4 days, but I love them. Tyler has a problem listening to me when I tell him to write his letters and numbers from top to bottom and left to right. He does everything backwards. But these books help him get out of that habit without him even realizing it.
It all of the sudden got super cold this week. Like it didn't even get up to 50 degrees the past couple days. So it's cutting down on our outside play time, but it's still a fun change.
I bought a roasting pan a couple weeks ago and used it for the first time tonight. We had a delicious roasted chicken and it was the first time I've cooked a whole chicken where it didn't have any bloodiness still inside somewhere. It was really good, even Tyler ate it. And he doesn't eat chicken voluntarily, except for in the form of a chicken nugget :). I think I'm really going to like this pan. We also had pumpkin roll and hot chocolate for dessert. Yum!!
I finished memorizing The Living Christ this week for one of the value projects in personal progress. It is long, but it's fun to be able to quote something like that.
Last Sunday we took the crib out of the kids' room and officially switched Brynlee over to a big-girl bed. The week before we had both of them up, and she was kind of going back and forth. But now it's permanent and she has done so great!! I was actually really scared of trying it because I was just sure she would get out and be all over the place. But she doesn't get out of her bed. Ever. She sleeps in later in the morning too. It's like the miracle bed!! She loves it, and I'm so happy.
On Thursday, Tyler had his friend Jacob over here and they had a fun play date. I decided we should have a friend over every single day. It's so much easier when they have a buddy to play with!!
Well this is a very random post, and not very exciting, so that's all.

3 comments:

Charity said...

Yay for only 1 mo. left! I still have 3 and I already feel like I'm an injured cow and don't want to walk/bend much cause it hurts! (ya I've got problems) but I'm sure it doesn't seem like 'only' 1 mo. but more like an eternity! Thats awesome that bryn transitioned to the new bed so well. So where are you going to put the crib for this new little one? I'm glad that preschool is going well! It can be tricky ;)

Shelley said...

I think you are an amazing mother. The last month of pregnancy is not fun. You are so great for still doing everything for you kids, like preschool. I'm getting excited for your new addition to your family to come! I love babies!!!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

I wish I could eat at your house with all of your yummy meals! I'm so glad for the miracle bed, I'm hoping Troy will do the same. We need to buy a bed first...

You are supermom and I can't believe your count is 31 days!! (Maybe that's long, but I meant it to sound short)