Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! My cousin Elise and her family drove down from Chicago to spend it with us. It was so nice to have some family around. Holidays are always hard to be away from everyone. We're all used to these massive gatherings of people for Thanksgiving, so it was a little different with just the 4 adults and 4 little kids. But we were sure glad they were here to help fill that void :). They stayed Wednesday night-Saturday morning. We had fun talking, playing games, black friday shopping (just me and Lise), cooking and eating of course, and taking the kids to the movie theatre to see the new movie Tangled. Here's a few pictures from the day of the feast. One thing that was really cool is we sat down to eat and a few minutes into the meal it started snowing!! Our first snowfall of the year--big, fluffy flakes. It was pretty neat even if it didn't last very long!

Violet and Tyler
Brynlee and Luke

The meal! I think it all turned out exceptionally well for it being our first Thanksgiving meal to prepare. Everything was delicious and we stuffed ourselves full!! We had a 12 lb. turkey, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, pretzel salad, and a cranberry/sprite drink. I even saved my last strawberry jam of the year for this meal. It was worth it :)

The whole gang. Can I get any bigger?? I think not.

Dan and Kenny each working on a turkey leg.

Dessert!! Pecan pie, (Kenny just bought one because I didn't want to make one, but he must have his pecan pie at thanksgiving :). ) banana cream pie, pumpkin cheesecake with a pecan-gingersnap crust, and a chocolate-peanut butter pie. YUM!!
Thanks for coming Dan and Lise, we sure had a blast with you guys! It's been a fabulous year and we have so much to be grateful for!

3 comments:

Carly said...

oh my gosh linds you are so cute!!
i hope that sweet babe comes soon! :)

Tina Braegger said...

Happy Thanksgiving! So glad you guys had a nice day, your food looks amazing! Are you planning to stay home for Christmas? I can not believe you are about to have another baby really soon. You look great!

Melissa Black said...

Lindsay you look great. I hope you are doing well. I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl! Do you know if you be staying in Illinois for a while? I hope so for your sake. Sometime when we are there it would be so fun to meet up.