Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stuff from the week

Monday: Dr. appt. went well. I got tested for the group B strep thing and haven't heard back so I assume no news is good news. We had a short and fun family night that evening.

Tuesday: Went shopping in Fairview Heights with the rest of the RS presidency and that was fun. I went to the hospital after that for the pre-admissions appt. and got all the paper work taken care of so I don't have to worry about it while I'm in labor. I'm getting so excited to have this baby and meet our little girl.

Wednesday: Tyler got to go with Kenny to Young Mens. They cooked a dutch oven dinner and played around. Ty felt like such a big boy and loved going to that with his dad. Brynlee came to a combined young womens/relief society activity where we made aprons out of tea towels. Very simple and cute.

Thursday: We decided to change things up a bit and squeeze in a date during the week! We went out to eat at La Casa Mexicana with our friends Jared and Terra Reed. We made Tyler miss his Little Gym class, but it was the only day we could make it work. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed getting out for a couple hours together. Our friend Damon was kind enough to watch our kids (he actually kept volunteering to do it so we finally took him up on it! he's so nice). After dinner we went grocery shopping for the campout since Kenny was in charge of all the food and he wanted my help :). I used to make fun of my parents for going grocery shopping and calling it a date...looks like we've arrived there too now haha.

Friday: Kenny came home early from work long enough to grab his stuff and leave again. He had lots of fun with the young men at his first campout with them at Pere Marquette State Park. I already mentioned earlier that I went to a little candle party and that was fun.

Saturday: I went to the craft fair and took the kids even though I didn't want to. Miracle of all miracles is when Kenny called and he got back earlier than I expected so he came and met us at the high school. He took the kids early and let me shop around for a while :). I got home and Kenny slept for like 15 minutes, then left for the leadership training meeting, which I should have gone to with him but didn't. That night we went to a little birthday get together for a guy in our ward.

Sunday: Church was great today. Right after we got home I made Kenny a lunch, quickly ironed a pair of his pants and kissed him goodbye. He is now in Houston until Wednesday night for some training for work. He' s staying with my parents, and he almost brought Brynlee with him. She's only free to fly for a few more months, but I just didn't feel good about sending her off, so she's here. But he made it there safely, and I'm glad.

Other things: Brynlee pooped in the toilet for the first time! It was exciting. She doesn't go in the potty all the time, and a lot of days doesn't even do it once during the day. I just follow her lead. She'll just randomly say sometimes that she wants to go on the potty so I help get her pants and diaper off and she goes and that's that. I really don't push it becuase I'm sure once this baby comes in 3 weeks she'll go back a little anyway. So I'm just kind of letting her do what she wants and get used to it slowly.
Both kids have coughs and it's getting old. They're not getting sicker or better, just cough. I am grateful they aren't really sick though, I'll take this over a lot of other things.

No comments: