Monday, November 22, 2010

Tender Mercy


It's been a rough few days. The only thing worse than trying to take care of sick kids and a sick husband, is being sick and 9 months pregnant yourself. Then the kids got up at 6:20 this morning and I wasn't thrilled about that. Everyone, including myself, has been cranky and a little on edge.

But today we had a tender mercy--the weather was perfect. We even wore t-shirts!! I thought these days were over, but we managed to have a nice walk, and one more picnic lunch in our backyard today, per Tyler's insistence. It was just what the kids (and I) needed. I sat there on the blanket (hacking up a lung...) watching them run around in the leaves with the wind blowing hard. The sun was so warm and it felt so good. I couldn't help but feel so grateful! Grateful to be pregnant, grateful to have such beautiful and wonderful children already. Grateful that we don't get sick very often and we have such good healthy bodies and minds. I'm grateful I can be home with them every day, and that Kenny provides so well for our growing family. So many things to be grateful for...life is great.

(Notice the picture in the bottom right of Tyler. He has a vacuum hose extension sticking out of his pants. It was his sword, and he is a warrior. It was even funnier to watch Bryn copy him and try to stick one down her diaper!)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cam said...

You're amazing Linds. You are the best at finding the good in everything! Love you. Hope you guys get feeling better soon.

White Out said...

Your blog always makes me happy Linds! I hope you feel better, and I cant wait to see some pics when the littlest comes SOON!