Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Birthday Celebration

Monday night we FINALLY celebrated Tyler's 2 year birthday. I wasn't up for doing a big fat party with lots of little kids. So we just invited my family over and I made some cute animal cupcakes (I cheated and bought the royal icing animals). We had lots of balloons all over the house cuz Ty loves them and it's only been 24 hours but I'm ready to pop them all hah. We had a good time though. It was fun to watch him get so excited to open all his presents and eat the cupcakes and ice cream. He hated that he had to wait all afternoon for everyone to come over before he could rip off that wrapping paper. I even had to move the presents up to our high table so that he couldn't reach them. I feel much better now though, having finally given him a little party. Happy Birthday big guy--I love you.





On Sunday my youngest sister, who is 12, asked me when my stomach was going to deflate. I would love if it would just "deflate". Maybe I'll go get a big pin and pop it.
Tyler loves Brynlee so much. He doesn't like that she sleeps so much though. He is always yelling, "Baby, wake up!"
Today Brynlee had yet another doctor's appointment. Good news--no more jaundice! Not a problem anymore. Also, she weighs 7 pounds, 7 ounces now! She lost 6 ounces originally, so she was down to 6 lbs. 14 oz. but now she's surpassed her birthweight at 8 days old, and that makes me feel good as a mom. It's no surprise with how much this girl eats! She's still got nothin on her brother. He gained 2 pounds in the first 2 weeks of life. He hasn't stopped since :). While we're on the subject of weight, Tyler weighed in at 31 pounds the other day. Or maybe 32. And I am weighing in at...haha did you really think I'd tell you?! It's still way too much, that's all I know. Anyway. We still had to go to the lab today and get her heel poked (or should I say stabbed) yet again for the 2nd screening. Lots of stupid circles to fill up with blood. And LOTS of screaming. Tore my heart out.

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

glad she doesn't have jaundice anymore and that she's at a good weight....dealing with that wasn't fun

I never knew how big your stomach still is after giving birth....I was in for a rude awakening when I used the jacuzzi and there was a nice big mirror..not cool....as you know already it does go down

I love those royal icing animal cracker cookies...