Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our Beautiful Baby Brynlee


Brynlee Weston was born Monday, February 9, 2009 at 12:10 p.m. She weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces, and was 20 inches long. She has light brown hair and she is perfect. I know you're all wanting more pictures, but deal with that for now because they're all on my mom's camera.
Sunday night we dropped Tyler off at my parent's house and he stayed the night there so that we didn't have to wake him up so early the next day. Monday morning at 4:30, Kenny and I got up and got ready. He gave me a beautiful priesthood blessing and we left for the hospital. Before we even got in I took his face in my hands and said, "This is the truth: I love you more than anything and I am so grateful that we are having this baby. Anything I say in the next 24 hours that's contradictory to that, I will not be held accountable for." :)
They were a little slow getting all the paperwork and everything completed so I didn't get pitocin started until about 7:15 a.m. The contractions got going pretty quickly and everything went very well. My doctor came in and broke my water an hour or two later (I really don't know when) and things picked up even more. I had decided before even going in that I wasn't going to get an epidural. This baby was going to be DRUG FREE! (minus the pitocin.) The contractions were a little harder, I think, because of the pitocin, but Kenny pulled me through everything and was my strength.
Thankfully this labor was SO much faster than Tyler's. 5 hours, start to finish. Obviously the pit is to be thanked for that. I didn't want to do it anymore by the end. I've really never been through anything so painful in my entire life, and there's nothing to compare it to. Kenny's beautiful hazel eyes kept me going. He had so much faith in me. His big hands wrapped around mine, letting me squeeze them as hard as I needed to. He put up with a lot. I even hit him once. (He is insisting that I tell this story because he thinks it's so funny). I don't know what he said but I was in the middle of a really hard contraction and he must have said something I didn't like because I hit him in the chest. Like a side-punch kind of a thing. I immediately started crying and apologizing over and over because I felt so bad. I was pretty much a wreck. But he talked me through everything and kept me relatively calm (there was screaming by the end, when I was pushing.) Everyone said to let my mind escape to somewhere else so as to not think about the pain. I would always escape back to our honeymoon and remember as we swam around snorkeling in the beautiful water at Coco Cay, holding hands. And walking along the warm beach together without a care in the world.
I didn't have to push for very long. I don't even think more than 5 minutes. It was so incredible to feel her descend down and be an active part of all of it, compared to when I had the epidural with Tyler. I wasn't able to resist the urges to push, so she came out quickly and I tore, and I felt it. But the relief when she was finally here was so amazing. It was such a beautiful feeling. She started crying and they handed her to me and she was perfect and right then, everything was worth it. She knew me immediately. She stopped crying for a minute and just looked at me. I was so overwhelmed, and so at peace.
Within an hour of being born she was nursing wonderfully and Kenny and I were just enjoying oohing and aahing over her and how gorgeous and perfect she is. We didn't decide on her name, Brynlee, until after she was born. But we love it, and it suits her. Tyler is so cute with her and says her name so adorably. He's still learning how to be soft and gentle with her. We feel so blessed to have two beautiful and healthy children. More pictures to come later.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is such a beautiful baby and I'm so glad you could have everything happen so well. And what a sweet name! I'm so happy for your little family!

Barnes Family said...

Aww I'm so happy for you! Nice job with no drugs!!! Besides going natural, that's almost exactly how it was when I had Ashlyn. I was induced at about 7am and had her by 11:50. She's beautiful! Congrats!

Caitlin said...

i've been checking your blog all day! i'm so happy for you guys! she is absolutely adorable and i love her name! congrats on going natural. did you go to a class or read a book about it? my sis in law did and she said it's the only way to go. i think i want to with the next one! can't wait to see more pics!

Tessa and Jeff said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. It's so great to hear that everything is perfect. And natural!? Great job! I work in the Women's Center as a nurse and kuddos to you women who do it naturally! I'll be looking forward to more pictures!

Lauren said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm glad everything went well. I love her name! Congrats to your cute lil family!

Brooke and Ryan Naylor said...

I'm so happy for you guys! She is absolutely beautiful! What a great name, too. Love it. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Dax and Jen said...

HOORAY!! I have been checking your blog like crazy to see when you'd post about it. I'm so glad everything went smoothly. No epidural is quite the experience isn't it? Good job! She is beautiful.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Congrats! Cute name! Awesome job with no epidural, maybe I could have done that if Mike stayed awake to help me...

Shelley said...

Way to go! She is beautiful! I'm really impressed by you doing it all natural. You are such a strong woman. I'm excited to see more pictures.

Carly said...

Linds- I commented earlier and said congrats but... either you deleted it (haha, just kidding) or I'm an idiot. :)
SO CONGRATS MAMA! You are absolutely the woman, can't believe you did that natural with pit contractions- those nearly killed me and don't think I'm joking. haha :) Love that little Brynlee and her name, too!