Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Spoiled Rotten

Today I turned 22 years old. Wow. I like that I'm getting older.

I got spoiled bad today! But first let me tell you about my awful dream that woke me up feeling depressed and heart-broken! I had a dream that I was shaving my legs (that's the first clue you KNOW this is a dream...anyone that's been 9 months pregnant before can tell why) and Kenny was trying to tell me that he had cheated on me. I didn't even know what to say, I just kept crying and crying. I was asking who it was and just cried some more. It was the worst dream I've ever had. He laughed when I told him because I had "cheating dreams" when I was pregnant with Tyler, too. Must be my subconscious insecurities about looking like an elephant manifesting themselves in my sleep again. It really was bad, though.

Back to my awesome birthday day. I got up with Kenny and made omelets as he got ready for work. They weren't so bad, either. Ham, swiss cheese, avocados and tomatoes. Then I kissed him goodbye and wished that he could stay and spend the day with me instead. Oh, and he surprised me with some chocolates before he left. I got ready for the day and then got Ty ready and fed once he woke up. My mom came and picked up Tyler before 9, and gave me some birthday money and told me to enjoy my day :). Have I ever mentioned how awesome my mom is?

I did a lot of shopping. Shopping for myself, shopping for Ty's birthday that's in exactly one week and I'm afraid I won't get around to it once the baby comes (any day now, right?). I also bought a double stroller which we will need. I treated myself to lunch at Sonic, took a nap, finished "quilting" (my crappy version of it anyway) and binding my hearts table runner, and it looks awesome! Kenny came home from work and took me to Olive Garden for dinner. Oh, and he gave me a diaper genie (hallelujah!), and new shoes and earrings (that I picked out of course). But that's not even all. I have a SUPER nice and fancy pantsy camera coming in the mail.

I was having some serious Tyler withdrawals so we hurried home from dinner, grabbed the chocolate dream dessert that I had made and went over to share it with my family, and retrieve my son, who didn't seem to miss me at all. My mom also had cupcakes and ice cream ready! They sang, we partied, and now we're home and I'm feeling slightly guilty about the fact that I have consumed more calories today than I should in an entire week. But not too guilty.

Told ya I'm spoiled. Spoiled rotten. Happy 22nd birthday to me.

5 comments:

Carly said...

happy birthday linds!!

what camera did you get?!?!?!?!
you gotta fill me in on these things i want to share in the excitement!!! hahahaha :)

BTO said...

wow... you are so spoiled. YOu deserve it, you are such a hardworking wife and mom.

Happy birthday!

Caitlin said...

happy birthday lindsay! sounds like you had a great day!
i wish i knew how to fix your background...if i find something out, i'll let you know!

Tina Braegger said...

Happy Birthday! That is pretty cute that you have a lot of birthdays for your family in February! I can;t believe Ty is going to be 2 soon! Crazy! I am glad you had a great day..I am pretty jealous of all of your gifts! ;)

Elise said...

I'm glad your day was so fun! I'm jealous of your presents...especially the new camera!