Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day

What in the world happened to January? I can't believe how fast that went.

Today is such a beautiful day. For as much as people complain about the summers here--and with good reason because they are almost unbearable--it's pretty fair because we get to play all "winter" long.



My baby shower the other night went very well. It was so sweet of Brooke to do that for me. She had Kenny write a letter to our daughter and they read it out loud at the shower. It was so sweet and made me so excited to watch him be a daddy to a girl. He's pretty rough and tough with Tyler so it will be fun to watch how he interacts with his little girl.
It was a little bit awkward when I would receive a gift and they would have to tell me who they are...but so nice of everyone to make me feel so welcome into the ward. The most common phrase I heard at church yesterday was, "still no baby, huh". Obviously.


I know I really shouldn't post that picture, but there you have it. I have been having contractions off and on for the past few days, and I was dilated to a 2 1/2 last Tuesday. I'm going in for an appointment in an hour and she will strip my membranes today and hopefully get this baby on the go. I know I'm impatient because she's really not due for another 7 days. But who wants to wait if they don't need to? By the way, she caught up on growing. Whether it was how she was turned or what, I don't know. But she is measuring just fine now.
Yesterday we spent some time with 2 of Kenny's buddies from work and their families. We had such a good time! It was fun to meet the guys Kenny messes around with all day at work. They all started there recently and have a good time together. Their wives and kids are so nice, too. Tyler loved playing with them.

Hopefully my next post will be showing off my daughter :). Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I love the look on your face....such a cute picture...

Caitlin said...

ahh, i'm so excited to see pictures of her! i hope things go well at the doctor today!

Brooke and Ryan Naylor said...

Oh Linds, I'm so happy for you! I hope everything goes well and I'm really excited to hear more news!

Tina Braegger said...

Woah you are so skinny for being 9 months preggo! I hope I look like you! Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see pictures of her!