Monday, February 23, 2009

A Mother Heart

Remember this talk by Sister Beck? I was listening to it yesterday, and again this morning because it inspires me so much. Makes me want to be a better mom and person. I also have fallen in love with one of the scriptures she quotes. Alma 64:33 "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." It has never meant so much to me as it does now. Weary is exactly how I've been feeling lately. And, it's not anything huge I have to do every day. Being a mother is a million small things. But it helps me keep it in perspective, that all these small things day after day will eventually result in something great. Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Thank you for this post Lindsay. I just printed off the talk and I'm excited to read it again. I hope everything is going well for you and your beautiful family! We miss you guys!

Kellen and Erin said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts Lindsay- those are helpful things for me to remember:) Motherhood is little things all the time, and they're all so important!

Charity said...

Lindsay. You said it! Thanks for the good reminder. Being a mother is hard but its so worth it. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. You are great.