Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let's Face It

I just don't have babies early. I just don't. My kids take their due date way too seriously.

I did go to my appt. yesterday, and she did strip my membranes...or at least she tried to. Apparently I have an incredibly long cervix (how's that for way too much personal information?) and she said she wasn't able to do much as hard as she tried. All that pain, and for nothing. I was, needless to say, a little bummed afterward. Tyler wasn't very early. He was born the day before his due date, and even then it was at like 10:40 that night. So anyway, I have an induction scheduled for the morning she's due. Maybe that will get her butt in gear and make her want to come on her own. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Ya know how some recipes it's not an exact science, you just take it out of the oven when it looks right, or smells good? Well that's how some people have babies. But my instructions said 40 weeks, and they will not be done until then. So keep cooking little one, and you just come when you're good and ready. I will enjoy my birthday tomorrow, still pregnant. But hey, at least I can say I was 22 when I had you.

2 comments:

Shalean said...

I was induced with all 3 of my babies and I LOVED it (if you have an epidural). Just nice to have it all scheduled and there are no surprises. We are so excited for this little arrival! Let us know and post lots of pictures! Love ya!

Barnes Family said...

I'm excited to hear about it when you have her! I want to see pictures too! Happy Birthday!!